Notices

Worst Day Ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022 | 09:12 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

So one should always insure the car before funding the purchase of it.
Old 10-26-2022 | 10:12 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

No, one should always insure the car before shipping it. He said he had a VIN and the car was being transported. If he insured it before it shipped he’s covered.
Old 11-09-2022 | 07:52 AM
harry777sander
AutoX

Originally Posted by Cheech54
I purchased a 991.1 C2S Cab the end of September from a private party. Ad I responded to was on PCA. The exact same car was also listed on a different website, with a different seller, and in a different location. Someone had hijacked all of the info and pics from the original ad, and changed just a few things so they would be contacted, and lowered the price a few thou. The seller off of PCA got the ad pulled after I alerted him. Pretty easy to spot. Not a lot of Anthracite Brown Metallic 2014 C2S's out there. Someone without access to the original PCA Mart ad could easily have sent their money off to nowhere to be found. I flew to pick up the car and drove the 600 miles home.
Nightmare! I had the worst day when I scratched my new 911. I played games for a long time, downloaded races from the site roms-hub.com and then I tried to drive in the same way in life

Last edited by harry777sander; 11-09-2022 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2023 | 01:40 PM
Psychonaut
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Bank has agreed to cancel the loan and delete the trade line.

Essentially the way it was explained to me, this means that once the paperwork has been filed it is off my credit report. I will be as if this loan had never happened.

I sacrificed any monetary reimbursement and I am accepting this plus the overall stress and heartbreak of the situation is the price I have to pay for a valuable life lesson.

On the bright side, I am in negotiating for a 991.1. Needless to say, I will be flying to the location of the vehicle to do all paperwork in person. I will then drive the car 13 hours home. Making it a fun little solo roadtrip. If the deal doesn't come to a close I will continue the search and stalk. I will post another update with some timelines once this is officially off my credit report.
The following 3 users liked this post by Psychonaut:
chassis (01-15-2023), regajohn (03-20-2024), wdb (01-16-2023)
Old 01-08-2023 | 02:14 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Wow. Sounds like it worked out as it should have in the end. You may have gotten bitten, but you did not get eaten. Humans aren’t perfect. This is a reminder. Glad you were able to get past this. Now onto a brighter day and greener pastures.
Old 01-09-2023 | 11:14 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Originally Posted by Psychonaut
Bank has agreed to cancel the loan and delete the trade line.

Essentially the way it was explained to me, this means that once the paperwork has been filed it is off my credit report. I will be as if this loan had never happened.

I sacrificed any monetary reimbursement and I am accepting this plus the overall stress and heartbreak of the situation is the price I have to pay for a valuable life lesson.

On the bright side, I am in negotiating for a 991.1. Needless to say, I will be flying to the location of the vehicle to do all paperwork in person. I will then drive the car 13 hours home. Making it a fun little solo roadtrip. If the deal doesn't come to a close I will continue the search and stalk. I will post another update with some timelines once this is officially off my credit report.
What about your legal fees?
Old 01-10-2023 | 09:30 PM
Psychonaut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dyim
What about your legal fees?
I am having to eat that cost.
Old 01-15-2023 | 06:54 PM
JC Lacayo
Pro

So sorry. My worry every time I've wired money for anything. USAA insurance has been very good to us; your experience will keep me away from "their" other services. Looking forward to when you get the car you've been dreaming for.
Old 01-15-2023 | 09:23 PM
Jonathan S.
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JC Lacayo
So sorry. My worry every time I've wired money for anything. USAA insurance has been very good to us; your experience will keep me away from "their" other services. Looking forward to when you get the car you've been dreaming for.
Same here on all counts.

Personally, I've always received such a good feeling when dealing with USAA insurance, and also USAA credit cards.
(And I'm rather jaded in general about large financial institutions, especially after working as an economist in a lawsuit against one of them.)

I still remember when I first met my now-wife, and her car insurance was through some entity I'd never heard of previously.
Once I learned more, I soon switched over all our insurance, banking, and credit card services over to USAA. Consumer Reports also always ranks USAA highly for insurance.

So the OP's saga, in addition to being such a horrible experience for the OP (so sorry to hear all this!), is such a major warning that USAA banking might be a different story, especially when big $ are on the line.
Whenever I've had USAA wire money for new car purchases, they play that long recording with all the warnings, which I've listened to only rather distractedly, since I was buying a new car from a dealer.
At least though we've all received a valuable lesson from this, ugh.
Old 01-16-2023 | 10:51 AM
wdb
Rennlist Member

I just read through this thread. 11/24/2020 is the date of the first post. Over 2 years of this! I can't imagine the impact it's had on you in so many ways.

My mother and dad were scammed by a real estate agent in FL many years ago. They lost their deposit on the property but did manage to drop a dime on the individual, who went to jail. Their credit score got dinged for a while as well. They were pretty embarrassed about the whole thing; I guess they felt as though they were partly at fault for letting themselves be taken in by smooth talk. At any rate they never really talked about it to us 'kids'. I only found out accidentally because I have a "II" at the end of my name and the matter spilled over onto my credit score as well. When we applied for our mortgage there was some splainin' to do!
Old 02-09-2023 | 09:18 AM
Psychonaut
Rennlist Member

Default Update

I have now taken possession of my new 2012 c2s in Agate Gray Metallic. I flew out on a early flight, had the keys in my hand by 11am.
Immediately hit the road and logged 800 miles in one sitting.

I am over the moon. I almost took a sleeping bag out into my garage to sleep next to her.
Now I just need to find a name.

What a long and painful road to get to where I am now.

It doesn't feel real.
This is what heaven feels like...

The following 8 users liked this post by Psychonaut:
enlico (03-07-2023), IndigoInkTaco (03-10-2023), Kodos9865 (02-17-2023), Larson E. Rapp (05-07-2023), SConn (02-16-2023), SirBeans (03-14-2023), Steffner (03-09-2023), wdb (02-09-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-09-2023 | 10:24 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! What an ordeal (understatement of the century). I admire your ability to move past this and accept it as a lesson learned. I hope you have thousands and thousands of happy miles in your dream car. Oh, and ditch the sleeping bag and just recline the driver's seat and sleep there. Ask me how I know............
Old 02-09-2023 | 11:28 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Awesome! CONGRATS!!

Way to persevere!

Enjoy in good health.
Old 02-09-2023 | 11:38 AM
TEXIGO
Rennlist Member

Enjoy it, you’ve earned it!
Old 02-09-2023 | 01:33 PM
JC Lacayo
Pro

It's sweeter from the rough road it took to get there. Congrats and enjoy.

Quick Reply: Worst Day Ever!!!