Notices

terracotta interior replacement parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 09:49 AM
RoryMcPedal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default terracotta interior replacement parts?

Hi All, I'm considering two 996 turbos. One is silver on black, the other is seal grey on terracotta. My current C2 is silver on black, so I would love to switch it up and I really like both seal grey and terracotta. However, I'm really worried about sourcing replacement parts for such an old and relatively rare interior. What I think are pretty in-depth google searches have turned up nothing at all. I'm having trouble getting anything besides ads for flower pots and rennlist discussions about whether the colour is ugly or not.
Does anyone have experience sourcing parts for a terracotta interior, or know anywhere where they can be had? I'm hoping to pull the trigger in the next week or so, and am agonizing over the safe choice or personal choice. Cheers.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:44 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 330 Posts

If you have the specific part numbers for the terracotta parts, your Google searches will be a lot more targeted.

If you don’t have those part numbers to hand, you can download the parts catalog for your car and look them up. See here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...he-s-site.html
Old 07-05-2019, 10:56 AM
RoryMcPedal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
If you have the specific part numbers for the terracotta parts, your Google searches will be a lot more targeted.

If you don’t have those part numbers to hand, you can download the parts catalog for your car and look them up. See here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...he-s-site.html
Thanks for that! I have since found a shop here that specializes in plastic interior restoration as well. Armed with these two resources, my fears are pretty much allayed. I'm going to see the car on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: terracotta interior replacement parts?