Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default How to Clean Alcantara Interior Parts

How to Clean Alcantara Interior Parts
By Pouria

Get your car interior's plush Alcantara looking fresh in a few easy steps.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Tim7139
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Overall, nice review. Would it not also make sense to include the fact that there are specific cleaning products for Alcanttara such as Sonax ?
Old 06-13-2019, 03:14 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 589 Posts

I don't know why you would spray cleaner on first and vacuum last. If there is dirt, and you get it damp, it makes it harder to get it off. Makes ZERO sense.

Was this created by a Rennlist member or is it a way to sell ads by having you go from page to page to see the "information" ??
Old 06-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim7139
Overall, nice review. Would it not also make sense to include the fact that there are specific cleaning products for Alcanttara such as Sonax ?

Yeah I saw the before and after pictures on the Sonax website and I call bullsh*t. In the "before" picture the alcantara fibers are flat-out worn off and the color gone. After picture shows something like the fibers and color grew back like it was a stem-cell regeneration. Ugh.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Not very useful in my own opinion.... No better than telling us how to vacuum a room in the house. There are some very specific techniques that I am sure we have all learned or read-about when it comes to cleaning alcantara, and as @Tim7139 mentions products are available, like Sonax. This "How To" article seems to me to be a randomly thrown-together mash-up of pictures and some basic descriptions to go with each. If you actually go to Larry's (AMMO NYC) video on the topic, there is much more in-depth demonstration of cleaning suede and alcantara surfaces....

Quick Reply: How to Clean Alcantara Interior Parts