Notices

Is Ceramic Coating Snake Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:57 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Is Ceramic Coating Snake Oil?

I don't know about the assertion that he's the actual Cannonball record holder, but I do get a kick out of his Ed Bolian's videos. What do you think about ceramic coating?

Old 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
DaBigBR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure about ceramic costing, but there is considerable documentation of Bolian's cannonball record.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:39 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to use it on my new Waverunner when it arrives. I read a blog and he said it worked great on his. I would imagine it's same for a car. What do you have to lose. It is pretty inexpensive. The one I ordered is Velocity Visions V3 Stealth. I ordered it before I saw this video. He is promoting a different brand.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:38 AM
hammer.time
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my Cayman professionally ceramic coated last July and it is truly amazing how well it works. Water beads up and runs right off, and when washing it I notice that the dirt comes off just from use of the pressure washer. I washed my car this past weekend and the water beads as well as it did the day that I got it done.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:31 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DaBigBR
I'm not sure about ceramic costing, but there is considerable documentation of Bolian's cannonball record.
I remember when he and Alex Roy were fighting about this, and I thought there was contention about the starting and finishing points? But I'm actually going to check it out... I do love Ed's videos.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:13 PM
mjdcolo
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Professional polish and ceramic coating was the first thing I did to my 911. It’s amazing how dirt and even dead bugs fall right off on the first shot of water. Even a year later it still looks polished. I use Adams Ceramic Boost to polish it after I wash it. Now if you get a scratch in it, you’re screwed. You have grind the ceramic coating down, buff it, reapply and re-polish. Luckily I never had to, yet.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

When properly cared for it will last a while and it worth the limited effort to maintain it and ease of keeping it clean...first thing I had to my car after delivery.

Quick Reply: Is Ceramic Coating Snake Oil?