Notices

PPI is in on 997.2 GTS. Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 11:12 PM
bender338
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI is in on 997.2 GTS. Need help please

Im new to the forum and really enjoy reading all the posts. Recently I did a PPI on GTS 997.2 and whanted your guys opinion. Car has 15,000 miles 2012.

tires were replaced in 4/2017 and alignment done at porches dealership, according to dealer records. Pirelli P-Zero.

1. Steering slightly off the center

2.Minor shake in steering, likely tires flat spotted from sitting, rear tires noisy. Both symptoms improved when tire pressure was lowered to correct setting.

everything else is in excellent condition.

These were notes from PPI at Porsche dealer.

Please let let me know your opinion if I should be concerned with anything. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-19-2017, 01:01 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

what is meant by steering off center? is the steering wheel cocked to one side slightly while the car is tracking straight? or does the car pull to one side when it should track straight at speed? either way, you should get a fresh alignment... if that doesn't fix the problem then run for the hills

flatspotting can and does occur with p zeros which are by far the lousiest 'premium tire' out there -- you should ask for a set of michelin pilot super sports (or current 4S)

if there are no other negatives in the PPI then the car is worth buying if the price is fair
Old 11-19-2017, 10:06 AM
bender338
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
what is meant by steering off center? is the steering wheel cocked to one side slightly while the car is tracking straight? or does the car pull to one side when it should track straight at speed? either way, you should get a fresh alignment... if that doesn't fix the problem then run for the hills

flatspotting can and does occur with p zeros which are by far the lousiest 'premium tire' out there -- you should ask for a set of michelin pilot super sports (or current 4S)

if there are no other negatives in the PPI then the car is worth buying if the price is fair
Thank you for your reply. The car drives straight but the steering wheel is slightly to the left.

It had brand new tires and alignment done 6 month ago and less than 1000 miles on them. Can the flat spot go away after I start driving the car? Seems like the car was sitting for couple of month at the Porsche dealer, or more. On carfax it says that the Porsche dealer changed new tires and alignment on 4/2017.

Quick Reply: PPI is in on 997.2 GTS. Need help please