Notices

First time buyer - advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Chazcamp
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default First time buyer - advice please!

I have been looking for some time. In early 2000s, I fell in love with a '95 C4S. Now the time his family appropriate for me to purchase my first Porsche.

I wanted a 993 C4s, but after looking and driving and researching, I think this car will be a "partial" DD, I drive mostly back roads approximately 20-40 miles a day. I want a car I can drive 5-10k miles a year. I prefer 997 body over 996 and don't want to spend $75k yet so the 993 is out.

I am looking at a 2006 (born 10/2005) 997 C4s with sport chrono in Raleigh, NC Black/tan, 1 owner, no accidents. I want a good deal, and I do want a widebody car. I like Targas too.

This car has 52k miles, do you guys think this car has the beefier IMS. I will buy contingent on PPI from Porsche. It is at a slower dealership and they know nothing about the car. They think it is a C2S, and they don't know if it has chronos or not, but it does (At least it has the wart on the dash).

I will go drive today prob. They are asking $41,7xx. I have out the door price now to $43,000. I really wanted to be under $40k, but this seems like a deal.... thoughts?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:38 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazcamp
I have been looking for some time. In early 2000s, I fell in love with a '95 C4S. Now the time his family appropriate for me to purchase my first Porsche.

I wanted a 993 C4s, but after looking and driving and researching, I think this car will be a "partial" DD, I drive mostly back roads approximately 20-40 miles a day. I want a car I can drive 5-10k miles a year. I prefer 997 body over 996 and don't want to spend $75k yet so the 993 is out.

I am looking at a 2006 (born 10/2005) 997 C4s with sport chrono in Raleigh, NC Black/tan, 1 owner, no accidents. I want a good deal, and I do want a widebody car. I like Targas too.

This car has 52k miles, do you guys think this car has the beefier IMS. I will buy contingent on PPI from Porsche. It is at a slower dealership and they know nothing about the car. They think it is a C2S, and they don't know if it has chronos or not, but it does (At least it has the wart on the dash).

I will go drive today prob. They are asking $41,7xx. I have out the door price now to $43,000. I really wanted to be under $40k, but this seems like a deal.... thoughts?
Bought my first Porsche Monday, a 2006 911 S Cabriolet. The only advice I can give is what I got here. Take your time and get the right car for you. Don't rush.

Price sounds like it is in the ballpark. Others on here will know more than me. Work the deal the best you can if it is the right car for. That's what I did and I'm sure I won't remember the price, only the car, very soon. I don't regret getting it a bit. RJ

P.S. You might want to move this to the 997 forum.

Last edited by SoCal RJ; 11-17-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: First time buyer - advice please!