Is the 944 a good first car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Cam P
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 944 a good first car?

I found a 1986 944 with the following description:
Porsche has 60k miles on a rebuilt motor that was done in 2015 head gasket pistons intake gasket timing belt the car had new starter cap rotor and plugs and wires also has new fuel pump and fuel filter car does run and drive it does need Brake pads they started marking some noise and it stops horribly 2000obo takes it clean title in hand
I'm 16 and not acquainted with car repair, but I'd like to learn as I go. So does this listing look fishy? The car looks to be in good exterior condition. The leather seems to be ripping on the sides a little. I heard about 944 gears on the odometer stripping when resetting the MPG meter while driving, so I'll make sure the odometer actually works while test driving it. I see people talking about how safe this car is considering it has no airbags - people walk away with scratches. So how is it as a daily driver? Will I be headached with expenses every month?
Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Cam P
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I also found the same listing on another site with the following description:
It's a 1986 Porsche 5 speed standard has new fuel pump fuel filter starter cap and rotor plugs and wires all done in the past month the paint on the car isn't to bad is satin white it does need brake pads stops like crap right now interior is in real good shape for the year and also has a very small exhaust leak the new gasjetbis 11 dollars just haven't had the time to get it and put it in looking for 2200 obo or trade for a diesel truck or another car lmk text or call
Old 09-15-2017, 02:48 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

post here

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...-968-forum-70/

Quick Reply: Is the 944 a good first car?