For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: WTB - Magnesium 915

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008 | 03:38 PM
rbuswell
Pro

Smile WTB - Magnesium 915

I'm looking for a 1976 magnesium case, electronic speedometer 915/44 5-speed transmission in good original condition. No "just rebuilt" units please. Of course, I don’t expect perfect syncros. A unit with a ZF LSD and/or an oil pump would be great but I won’t hold my breath. I might consider a 915/49 4-speed at the right price instead.

If you have one and might be interested in selling, please PM me or call my cell @ 303-594-5459 or email me @ roger@rogerbuswell.com. If you have pictures, please forward those as well.

Buying and selling a used transmission is difficult at best for both parties. I would need to be able to get a local gearbox expert, selected by you from an extensive list I'll supply to you of Porsche shops in the Denver Metro area, to look the gearbox over before purchase. You would choose the shop after any checking you would do with them. The shop would hold our agreed price and send it to you when they approve the gearbox. I’ll pay for the inspection and shipping both ways if we don't make a deal. Bottom line; I’m willing to pay a reasonable price for an inspected suitable transmission. I think this will take the ‘mystery’ out of the transaction and protect both parties. I’m open to other suggestions.

BTW, If you're in the Colorado Front Range I'll be happy to do the driving. Also, I'm told a fully drained 915 can be strapped to a piece of plywood and wrapped in cardboard and still comply with regular UPS regs.

Quick Reply: WTB: WTB - Magnesium 915