For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: 2004 Porsche Boxster S 550 Spyder (Anniversary Edition)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2004 Porsche Boxster S 550 Spyder - Lowered Price: 11-2

FS Porsche 2004 Anniversary Edition Boxster S #62 of 1,953 units produced world wide

I am the second owner (purchased in May 2007 w/23k miles on it). This was my daily driver (SF to Mt View: 80 miles RT), but with the price of gas rising I bought a Prius (in July 2008) and this car now gets very little seat time (I take it out each Friday to keep it happy). Car now has 49.7k miles (almost all highway miles). I just had the 5k mile maint/oil change done by Tony Heyer (in Aug 2008). This car needs nothing but if it does need something (which it does not) you are covered by the CPO warranty that came with the car (which is good for 100k miles or 6 years: until March 2010). This special edition Boxster S is finished in GT Silver Metallic, a color only found on the Carrera GT and special edition Anniversary models. The soft top is in Cocoa, a dark brown color used by Porsche for the first time. For additional visual emphasis:

- 18" Carrera 5 spoke wheels in Seal Grey / Silver
- a colored Porsche crest adorns each wheel hub cover
- the monobloc brake calipers have an aluminum paint finish
- 7mm spacers on all 4 corners

Other exclusive exterior styling features include:
- silver-painted grills above the rear strut openings
- a specially created stainless steel tailpipe
- chrome plated and polished Boxster S lettering on the rear deck lid
- safety bar padding that matches the car's interior
- special all red rear tail lights (see pic)

Cocoa and GT Silver dominate the car's special interior with matching carpet and floor mats featuring the Porsche script logo. The center panels of the standard heated seats, handbrake lever, gear lever gate, ball-shaped aluminum gearshift ****, inside door handles, and padded sport steering wheel are covered in Cocoa colored leather. The rear section of the center console, handbrake lever, grooved bar on the dashboard, switch panel, and the back of the safety bars are painted in GT Silver Metallic. Instruments are uniquely styled with black faces surrounded by chrome plated decorative rings.

Other (factory) features include:
- modified intake that adds 6 HP
- M050 sport tuned suspension
- factory short shifter
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- on-board computer
- Litronic headlamps with dynamic beam angle adjustment and cleaning system
- 3 piece wind stop
- driver & passenger front and side airbags
- 6 speed manual transmission
- clear bra (added at dealership when car was new)
- heated hardback sports seats
- car cover

These cars came loaded with only 3 options available (cruise control, painted seat backs, and Bose stereo) and this one has two: CC and Bose stereo.

$25,999

Location: San Francisco (happy to meet you, and take the car for a PPI, anywhere in the Bay Area). This car has been maintained by Tony Heyer since purchase (with records available on request).
Attached Images   

Last edited by mborkow; 03-31-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: lowered price
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that color combo. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
mborkow
Drifting

thanks!
after 4 days behind the wheel of the prius, i drove the boxster into work; it felt like a jet engine taking off :-)
Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 PM
mborkow
Drifting

bump + a couple of features added which I had forgotten to note in the first posting
Old 08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

aw man, replacing a Boxster S with a Prius... damn this economy!!
That interior is beautiful!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
aw man, replacing a Boxster S with a Prius... damn this economy!!
I know: it's sad!
That interior is beautiful!
It really is...I test drove a lot of 986s and 987s, but when I sat in this car the interior just blew me away. Everywhere you look is either finished in cocoa leather or gt silver paint. I'll see if I can break out the camera this weekend and post a few more pics...

In the end, if I don't sell the car I won't be upset, but since I rarely (1x a week) drive it I'd rather free up some cash. I am open to a trade for an older 911 (SC or Carrera) + cash...that would be the best of both worlds; I'd put some $ back in my pocket and still have a pcar for weekend blasts in wine country :-)
Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
mborkow
Drifting

bump
Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I have an older SC, but not really what you would want. A weissach edition with 80k miles but needs a lot of TLC. I do have a 94 968 cab 6 speed, midnight blue that rarely gets driven. My wife has a hard time with the stiff clutch, very similar to an SC. The clutch is new, just naturally stiffer than a Boxster. I sold her 97 Boxste, after buying the 968, and haven't heard the end of it yet. Would you be interested in a partial trade for the 968? It is good to very good condition, with a wide choice of wheel options. 968 also has 80k miles, but maintained to a very high level with all records needing nothing

Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 PM
mborkow
Drifting

smshirk,
Thank you for the offer. If the Weissach edition were in better shape, I might have been tempted, but I'm not interested in 968.
Thanks,
matthew
Old 08-20-2008, 02:08 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

No problem. the Weissach wil be in good shape some day, but it's taking me a lot longer than I planned when I bought it. I also found a lot more wrong than the PPI indicated. Body is great, but all the seals are bad, fuel injection is all out of whack. I'm considering putting after-market EFI or PMOs. Neither is original and perhaps it would be best to try and keep it that way, but performance is more important to me than originality and I don't think I'll ever get it to concourse quality. I'm getting the original Weissach leather redone by the 928 guy in MN, already found a new set of original color carpets. I've got 5k worth of parts in the basement just witing on me to spend my weekends.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one truly awesome car. I wanted to give you yet another bump to the top of this list...

If I wasn't so far away, and if I wasn't already in a Boxster S.... this car would be mine.

Every cosmetic addition is just right.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
mborkow
Drifting

weekend bump
Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

somebody needs to buy this car. If SF wasn't so far away I wouldn't be able to resist
Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
mborkow
Drifting

In the meantime, until someone does by it, I took it down the peninsula to Skyline drive and stopped at Alice's restaurant for lunch. It was a perfect day for cruising those twisties with the top down. Fortunately for me (and the motorcycle behind me who was egging me on to go faster) I had my V1 which alerted me to the cop parked and waiting just over the crest of a hill. I even found a nice on ramp back to HW 280 where I was able to unload the car in 2nd and 3rd gears...if I don't sell this car until the summer is over that'll be OK with me :-)
Old 08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
mborkow
Drifting

weekend bump

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 2004 Porsche Boxster S 550 Spyder (Anniversary Edition)