For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Recaro SRD street/track seat - $350

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro SRD street/track seat - $350

This is a used Recaro SRD, grey cloth, with the optional seatbottom hole for a fifth/sixth point harness. The seatback hinges, which makes it a great (and about the only) good street/track seat that I was able to find at the time I was in the market. My 993 is gone, the seat needs to go!

I bought it from another Rennlister who'd done the original fitment for his 993tt. It has a factory seatbelt receptacle welded onto the right side of the seat frame for use with a 3-point belt on the driver's side of the car, and a set of VERY low profile sliders. I gained about 2" of headroom with this seat in my sunroof 993 over the factory power seat, which made ALL the difference for DEs.

The seatbottom has a ~1cm hole from when it was in the original owner's attic. I bought it from him with the hole, used the seat for several years. The hole never got any bigger, and I never saw it when I was sitting on it

It's in Houston, near Memorial Park inside the Loop. I can ship it, preferably UPS (UPS store three blocks from my house) - buyer would pay shipping.

thanks,

RNH
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Got any pictures?

Thanks - Marc.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Okay, you've forced my lazy *** out into the garage. Just as well - I discovered my blonde memory's not what it should be. It's a mounting point *for* the seatbelt receptacle that's on the frame. you unbolt the stock piece from the stock seat, and bolt it to the Recaro.

Also, note that the ***** for seatback rake were removed by the PO for clearance in the 993.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Richard S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Great deal....wish it was black, I need another to match the black one I already have.

Rich
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Any idea what the cost of recovering it would be? I wound up not pursuing a repair of the seat bottom hole, it didn't bother me.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Henriksen
This is a used Recaro SRD, grey cloth, with the optional seatbottom hole for a fifth/sixth point harness.

I bought it from another Rennlister who'd done the original fitment for his 993tt. It has a factory seatbelt receptacle welded onto the right side of the seat frame for use with a 3-point belt on the driver's side of the car

It's in Houston, near Memorial Park inside the Loop. I can ship it, preferably UPS (UPS store three blocks from my house) - buyer would pay shipping.
Any idea if this thing will fit in my 996? I'm in Dallas, so I could take a quick trip to pick 'er up

-td
Old 03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good question - I would hate to make any claims on that. Perhaps inquiring with Recaro would be the safest way to go.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Galun
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am quite sure that it will fit a 996. Assuming that it's a recaro slider, you need to buy a set of seat mount adapters. Search for Brey Kraus R9040. I just bought a pair from TRG for about $112.

$350 for the seat and slider is an EXTREMLY good deal. The seat retails for $600 and the slider retails for $100. I would jump on it if the color was right!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bump

Quick Reply: For Sale: Recaro SRD street/track seat - $350