For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

Free: free stickers !

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006 | 03:16 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

i am offended you bring up that foul name in this thread.
No offense intended.

My mother told me "If the offer sounds too good to be true, It probably is". The first question I ask myself is "why would someone offer free stuff, no strings attached?" To produce stickers and mail, it costs money. With this offer, what does the provider get? Kudos and thanks? We know from the offer, what the hook is. Stickers. So what is the catch? From what I can see, it could very well be the private home addresses for owners of 951's.

So in thinking this through, you know the reward is stickers. Can you see what the risk is?. If you can, you must ask yourself "is the risk worth the reward?".

This may just be a legitimate offer from a generous rennlist member, who has not thought of all the implications. If it is legitimate, I suppose one could have the stickers sent to a post office box. If it is not legitimate.......well this is why I am posting.

Bottom line, PEOPLE PROTECT YOURSELVES!

Of one thing you can be certain, I am a proud and generous member of rennlist that continually seeks to help other members, when I can. It is unfortunate that I need to bring this up but after Turby, I feel it neccessary.
Old 08-23-2006 | 03:17 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

those are awesome!

but i'd be wary of getting my window smashed or something.

either way, PM sent after i go to lunch!!!
Old 08-23-2006 | 03:27 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

but i'd be wary of getting my window smashed or something.
95Juan,

A very good point.
Old 08-23-2006 | 03:44 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Bill
No offense intended.

My mother told me "If the offer sounds too good to be true, It probably is". The first question I ask myself is "why would someone offer free stuff, no strings attached?" To produce stickers and mail, it costs money. With this offer, what does the provider get? Kudos and thanks? We know from the offer, what the hook is. Stickers. So what is the catch? From what I can see, it could very well be the private home addresses for owners of 951's.

So in thinking this through, you know the reward is stickers. Can you see what the risk is?. If you can, you must ask yourself "is the risk worth the reward?".

This may just be a legitimate offer from a generous rennlist member, who has not thought of all the implications. If it is legitimate, I suppose one could have the stickers sent to a post office box. If it is not legitimate.......well this is why I am posting.

Of one thing you can be certain, I am a proud and generous member of rennlist that continually seeks to help other members, when I can. It is unfortunate that I need to bring this up but after Turby, I feel it neccessary.
Caution is always key, you don't want the free sticker sent to your house send it to your friends or a PO box or somewhere else....but that was a WAY low blow on the name calling. Expressing caution is fine.

Yes he with the name that sounds like Turdbaby did burn us all, but there are always Turdbaby's hanging around forums....his was just a larger spectacle.

And yes, if you have the ***** to display the sticker(on your car) you are not worried about the consequences
Old 08-23-2006 | 04:24 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

i'll put it on the quarter window or something, instead of the hatch.....

hatches are kinda expensive to replace.

......kinda really expensive.
Old 08-28-2006 | 01:20 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My brother wants a sticker for his hatch that says "bumper stickers are gay".

I agree that I'd want a more offensive sticker. You think you hate ricers??? I used to live in Daly City, one of the central hubs of ricerdom. San francisco is infested too. These jokers with their japanese buckets, always with the fart-can mufflers, ridiculous wings, primered body, 2 aftermarket wheels and 2 steelies, blue turn signals and those fugly euro-style tail lights. All on a stupid front-wheel-drive car with painted rear brake drums. Day and night they are driving around my neighborhood, that damn buzzing never ceases. When I leave my window open on hot nights, the muffler noises always wake me up. I hate it when they tailgate and want to race me. I never give them the satisfaction. Once on the way to Las Vegas in my old 944, this damn subaru wrx wouldn't leave me alone, he just kept zooming by, slowing down, zooming by, slowing down, then he got behind me and started tailgating. I sped up, and he resumed the zooming by routine. I just kept it at 70mph until the bastard exited, and I finally got to open it up (the trip to LV is long and I was in a hurry!).

Anyway, ranting aside, I don't want any broken glass, slashed tires, or keyed doors. I'd rather use that chopsticks routine described above, or to just get a car able to slap them.
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:37 AM
nize
Banned

Originally Posted by Bill
No offense intended.

bill, i can understand the caution. if you had questions, why not just ask them to me directly instead of assuming on your own?

why did i make the stickers? i'm in various local car clubs (not just porsche) including the autocross club, scca, bmw club, various motorcycle clubs, etc. and the general consensus among genuine motoring enthusiasts is that ricers are annoyingly bad.

since ricers seem to love stickers, i thought i'd make some cool stickers for fast cars that can easily beat rice cars and distribute them to the various club members. i chose to use the porsche font as a homage to my favorite car.

when i went to order the custom stickers, i found out that the minimum order is 500, and since my design is small i am able to fit two per sticker, so i'm going to end up with 1000 stickers, which is way more than the amount of people who have previously requested it in all of the car clubs (and motorcycle clubs) combined (not everybody is bold enough to sport a sticker like this).

so i thought i'd try to get more people in on the sticker movement.

why am i covering postage? because a sticker isn't that expensive to mail, and i'd get a kick out of seeing a sticker that i've designed on so many fast cars all over the world.

if anyone is paranoid of giving me their home address, they could just as easily give me a p.o. box, business address, relative's address, or even a friend's address. frankly, i don't care what address i get, i'll just mail them out all the same.

it's sad that somebody like turby's destroyed people's ability to trust others on here, but if you'd actually searched through my post and membership history, you would have learned that i've always been honest and sometimes sent out cd's (shop manuals, PET, etc.) for free in the past. also, if you would have asked on this forum, you would have learned that many rennlist members know me in person, and can vouch that i'm an honest, stand-up guy.

rather than make a post to attack/doubt my intentions, you could have just as easily suggested that people post their friend's addresses if they didn't want to give out their own, with better results.

or better yet, you could have just asked me why i'm giving out free stickers instead of assuming the worst.
Old 08-28-2006 | 04:31 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Turby sucks
Nize rules
Got it!

I guess I'll take some of those stickers. I'll put them on my tool box and stuff like that. PM sent!
Old 08-28-2006 | 04:46 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

i sent PM but no confirmation one way or another.

did my pm get lost in the abyss?

Old 08-28-2006 | 04:54 PM
nize
Banned

i've got all the PM's. and i will send get the stickers out as soon as they arrive (should be sometime this week or next week). the place quoted 2-6 weeks turnaround time. i'll call and update the eta as i find out.
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:00 PM
nize
Banned

here's what the actual sticker will look like;

i'll just send out the two-per-sheet and everyone can cut them to get one on each rear quarter window.
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:02 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

I want to make a sticker for my car that says:

"My owner loves me like a jelous boyfriend, and will beat you **** if you touch me."
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:05 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SchnellerUmsetzer
I want to make a sticker for my car that says:

"My owner loves me like a jelous boyfriend, and will beat you **** if you touch me."

i totally need one of those.

but then my woman might get jealous.........
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:14 PM
nize
Banned

in coming up with the acronym for NRAcing, i thought the reference to NRA would keep potential car-molesters at bay.
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:43 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

www.StickerMonkey.com

Quick Reply: Free: free stickers !