For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Rolex Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019 | 09:05 PM
Rocketman55
Advanced

Default Rolex Daytona

This is a Stainless Steel Rolex Daytona with a black face bought new in 2004. Comes with all boxes, shown paperwork, extra link, plastic bezel cover and a wallet. Most recent service was July 2016 a local Rolex dealer in Savannah at a cost of $950

Price $14,000

More pictures are available upon request

Last edited by Rocketman55; 03-02-2019 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Dropping price
Old 02-07-2019 | 09:42 AM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

I’m going to show my ignorance. What type of service does a 5 figure watch require? I own a lot of watches at various price points and never needed more than a battery change.
Excuse my naivety
Old 02-07-2019 | 12:55 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Depends on usage. Can probably stretch to 10-15 years before sending it to a Rolex Service Center if not heavily abused. If I recall Rolex doesn't have a service timeline, but states the average is around 10 years. Cost is $600-$800 I have read, more if you want things replaced, which can escalate things very quickly. This is from my reading on the rolexforums, haven't had to send any of mine in yet but only been 2 years.

Local and non RSC can do it for roughly half.

Good luck OP, just got the white ceramic Daytona, beautiful watch.
Old 02-07-2019 | 01:04 PM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kellen
Depends on usage. Can probably stretch to 10-15 years before sending it to a Rolex Service Center if not heavily abused. If I recall Rolex doesn't have a service timeline, but states the average is around 10 years. Cost is $600-$800 I have read, more if you want things replaced, which can escalate things very quickly. This is from my reading on the rolexforums, haven't had to send any of mine in yet but only been 2 years.

great info, but what are they actually fixings/servicing ?
Old 02-07-2019 | 03:05 PM
smohr33
Racer

Originally Posted by ThomasShawn
great info, but what are they actually fixings/servicing ?
A mechanical watch has lubricants that eventually dry up and lots of moving parts that can wear. Depending on the condition of the movement parts may or may not need to be replaced. Polishing if the owner wants.

Think of it as a major service for a Porsche, fluids changed, some misc parts replaced, etc...

OP - Nice Daytona and fairly priced. GLWS.
Old 02-07-2019 | 07:04 PM
Rocketman55
Advanced

Well said @smohr33
Old 02-07-2019 | 07:47 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kellen

I would never do that to a mechanical watch. Even with constant use, you should have it serviced every 5 years. I have a beater polar 42 that's now been serviced twice. Comes back like new

Ceramic Daytona's have yanked up the value of these guys. I traded my ceramic Daytona last year for a 5164 for 15k!!
Old 02-08-2019 | 09:46 AM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smohr33
A mechanical watch has lubricants that eventually dry up and lots of moving parts that can wear. Depending on the condition of the movement parts may or may not need to be replaced. Polishing if the owner wants.

Think of it as a major service for a Porsche, fluids changed, some misc parts replaced, etc...

OP - Nice Daytona and fairly priced. GLWS.
I learned something.
thank you
Old 02-12-2019 | 11:41 PM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My daily wear is an IWC - service is ~$600 every 5 years or so - makes no financial sense, except I love that watch :-)
GLWS!

Quick Reply: For Sale: Rolex Daytona