Notices
Events A place to announce events of interest

Porsches To Ohio Pictures (07/28/12)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:03 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Porsches To Ohio Pictures (07/28/12)

Well what a day today, couldn't have asked for a better day.

The Valley Lodge hotel was great with ample of safe parking.

The day was sunny yet slightly breezy with lots of Porsches around. If I have to guess, I would say over 400 were in attendance and many more coming in at noon as I was leaving.

It was great meeting all the listers (Ted,Bill,Dan,Mark,Matt and Jerry) to name few

On my way back encountered tons of " OH's best " especially on bikes and that too on the right shoulder (Cheeky B's) but luckily V-1 and the laser jammer prevailed. I swear I kid you guys not, I even saw one of the cop shaking and looking at his gun as i slowly passed by ( the look on his face is un-forgettable)

Here are some of the pictures taken today.

Enjoy and please feel free to share your '12 P2O picts/experience
Attached Images              

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 07-29-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:10 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Default #2

But wait... ther's more to come
Attached Images                
Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Default & the last one

Few left overs I will post later.

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures as much as we all enjoyed the event.

Big round of applause to Mr Ron Thomas and associates for making this years event such a blast.

Though it was 100 miles further away from me as compared to Oxford, but the space and the location couldn'tt have been any better.

I had to leave earlier as the sight and smell of food (I am observing Ramadan) was making my bit edgy not to mention driving 300 miles with a possibility of hypoglycemia isn't fun either
Attached Images         
Old 07-28-2012, 08:27 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Is the Arena Red 993 Turbo with the RUF wheels a Rennlister's car?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:29 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 313 Posts

Okay, now I have drool all over my keyboard Makes me REALLY regret not coming ~ could have worn my 997TT t-shirt

GREAT pictures, thanks so much for sharing. GORGEOUS cars
Old 07-28-2012, 09:18 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did the red CGT belong to one G. Rahal?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Cayman_Sense
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 32 Posts

Yup, that was G. Rahal's car.

Awesome event! Had an absolute blast meeting everyone and seeing some beautiful cars. Thanks for the pics C2! I'm the Cayman (duh), 4th from the top.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Kevin Rohrer
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 797 Likes on 525 Posts

Is the red Boxster with the Vo Voom plate a Rennlister? I am really curious what he used to polish it with. The car looks fantastic.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Kevin Rohrer
Rennlist Member

C2 Turbo,

Thanx for including a pic of my car. It is the blue Boxster in the first pic of Post-2, hiding behind the gray 911.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Kevin Rohrer
Rennlist Member

P2O After Action Report

With a Porsche newly arrived in our garage, we were looking forward to our first Porsches 2 Ohio (P2O), and were hoping for good weather. When we left the house and NE Ohio at 6am, it was damp and gloomy, having rained throughout the night. After breakfast at a Bob Evans, and a momentary pause at a Starbucks in Ashland, we made the trip to central Ohio without incident, with the sky getting brighter and the temperature climbing as we traveled south. The temperature started at 68F but never got above 85F the entire day, with no rain being encountered at the event. Although humid in Granville, it was frequently cloudy, and with the steady breeze that blew thru the downtown, it was seldom unpleasant.

This was P2O's first trip to Granville as well as ours, and I think we were both pleasantly surprised at how nice the town was. Granville could best be described as being Mayberry in Ohio. Both the downtown and residential areas are populated with older, immaculately kept buildings and homes. I am guessing the town has restrictions and guidelines on how properties must be kept as everything was picturesque and pristine.

Check-in went smoothly as MORPCA had a small area setup just inside the east entrance. We were given our swag bag, Marylynn Row Placard, and t-shirts; then were efficiently directly by parking attendants to the appropriate spot. They also helped conserve space by assisting with the parking. Well done, MORPCA.

The downtown area where the event was held was perfect for P2O. The area was at least five lanes wide plus ample parking spots along the sides that allowed almost all 500-Porsches to cluster together in neat rows, with only a few needed parking spots on side streets. The Town Fathers closed off three blocks of the main streets plus almost all side streets. They also provided traffic control at the one intersection open to the event, which allowed quick egress.

The cars were immaculate and everyone was friendly. Over the next 5-hours we made several circuits of the area.

I only observed one bit of misconduct by an adult. The man, who must not have been a fine car owner, decided he wanted to put his hands on my car, and even leaned on our neighbor's car to look inside it. Apparently his parents never taught him to look but not touch.

Here is my Photobucket album with all the pics I took:
http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/v...he/P2O%202012/

Let me know which car is yours if you see it in one of the pics.

My car was parked on a corner of Marylynn's Row and got lots of attention from both photographers and the curious.

Bev and I sat nearby and watched a steady stream of people taking pictures of the Blue Box. We also watched people looking at the clear bra (only a handful of other cars had them) and commenting on the color (it was the only Aqua Blue Metallic there). One woman even oohed & ahhed at the built-in cup holders. Were the 2009s the first year to get them?

I took as many pictures of the cars as I could, especially the really interesting ones, like the CGT, tractor, and the first 968 I have ever seen.

The only Rennlister I was able to locate was Matt, who did not park with the main group. I finally located Dan's group of cars but after asking a parker and he remembered placing you all beside the Megier's booth. By that time some spots were empty and no one was there to talk to, but I got a picture of those still there.

On the way home the weather got darker, and I spotted a rain storm that cooperated by not moving towards us before we could get the top up. When we got to the I71 & I76 interchange, disaster almost struck. The interchange is in a dip and the rainstorm we were passing thru created a lot of standing water (>1-inch). I was only doing 70mph at the time but began hydroplaning. When Bev and I both felt the car swaying from side to side, I backed off to 58mph and went into the right lane. The hydroplaning continued and I let the car coast down farther until we were thru the area and traction returned. Two cars on the southbound side were not as lucky and collided. One ended up facing the wrong way but was able to get onto the berm. If I had been in my SUV, there would not have been a problem, so am guessing the wider tires (Michelin PS) and low vehicle weight combined to preventing us from cutting thru the water to the road surface. It was lesson learned.

We both had a great time and certainly plan to attend next year.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:38 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer
Is the red Boxster with the Vo Voom plate a Rennlister? I am really curious what he used to polish it with. The car looks fantastic.
Do you mean polish, as in paint correction? Or wax/sealant??

The PCA Concours I've been to over the years, and competed in, I've found a couple things that look really good on Guards Red paint, after a proper paint correction (polish). They were RejeX Wax and Groits Quick Detailer Spray.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:36 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Is the Arena Red 993 Turbo with the RUF wheels a Rennlister's car?
Yes it is but he doesn't come here very often. He is from MI area if that matters

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
did the red CGT belong to one G. Rahal?
Yes it was and who is he ?

Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer
Not sure if he is?
Originally Posted by Cayman_Sense
Yup, that was G. Rahal's car.

Awesome event! Had an absolute blast meeting everyone and seeing some beautiful cars. Thanks for the pics C2! I'm the Cayman (duh), 4th from the top.
Slate Grey is a gorgeous color and yes it was very nice meeting some of the listers

I will try to post some pictres later today.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Yes it was and who is he ?
not sure if serious....

Graham Rahal (Indycar driver). he also is on RL from time to time.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the picks guys, p2o did not disappoint once again!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:34 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
not sure if serious....

Graham Rahal (Indycar driver). he also is on RL from time to time.
The gorgeous 356 sunroof coupe to the right of Graham's CGT belongs to one Mr. Robert Rahal, as well. Like father, like son, they say!

Quick Reply: Porsches To Ohio Pictures (07/28/12)