Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

911_50 Euro Delivery Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 02:43 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing your Leipzig experience. I am doing ED in November in Leipzig, and based on your experience, I think I made the right choice. Like you, the plan is to drop the car in Stuttgart, visit the museum and factory.

While reading through the thread, you mentioned that the windshield got hit by a rock, and you picked up a nail in the tire. Were these concerns resolved prior to picking up the car in Canada?

The reason I ask this is because we did ED on a BMW M3 (her car) back in 2011. We used it in Europe for 4 months before dropping it off to come home. During the course of use, one wheel had curb rash, the passenger door got a small door scuff, and the front lip spoiler may have hit a parking curb, all while SHE was driving... During the drop off process, they asked if there were any damaged items. When it came back to the U.S. Everything looked brand new again.

While in Munich, one of our friends had a herd of cats performing an orgy on his hood, and the entire hood was scratched. He also curbed 2 wheels, got towed, etc, and his car was also returned better than new to the U.S.

I am hoping Porsches program is the same.

Thanks again for your detailed tales of ED. Late fall can not come fast enough...

Cheers,
Joe
I have PM'd you.
The short answer is no, it wasn't covered. Any damage is covered by the ED insurance provided by Porsche, but with a 1,000 Euro deductible, it was less money to just pay for the tire ($Cdn800!! The Zuffenhausen Nitrogen is obviously pretty cool stuff!).
For the windshield, it was only a chip so it was filled gratis by our local dealership (they have been awesome).

Cheers,
Martin
Old 11-22-2015, 10:55 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Martin,

Reread your thread again - really enjoyable. You mentioned that the race engines are built in Weissach. So the Cup car engines (Mezger) are not bulit alongside the 9a1 engines in Surrgart?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 911_50 Euro Delivery Experience