Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Jul 25 ED, no factory tour

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 12:12 AM
bdardashti
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Jul 25 ED, no factory tour

I received my confirmation for ED setup for Jul 25, along with a note saying that due to the factory closures, there will be no factory tours Jul 22 to Aug 30, and that they'll be arranging for a tour through the individualization workshop (which is something that is not available to the general public).

Has anyone done this before? Any opinions? Or know what it is?

I can opt for a day/evening in Paris the day before and arrive to the ED session late (enough time just for key collection), or come on time and go through this tour. If anyone knows what it is, I'd appreciate it to help make the decision.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2024, 08:55 AM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

After a last-minute hiccup delayed my Leipzig delivery, I was offered a loaner for two weeks, but I had to go to Zuffenhausen to pick it up. Upon arrival we went to lunch at the executive dining room (not the public restaurant) and then were taken to the area where they do the Sonderwunsch modifications and work on the cars of the Porsche executives. It’s basically one large workshop room and there is no formal tour. We did see some interesting stuff, although the main take away was there are no limits to the bad taste people can display in speccing their cars. it was a few years ago, but I recall that the whole visit to the workshop took less than 30 minutes.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (06-06-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 07:15 PM
bdardashti
Intermediate

Interesting, thanks. I guess best to just enjoy the night in Paris and skip the tour.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:27 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bdardashti
Interesting, thanks. I guess best to just enjoy the night in Paris and skip the tour.
lunch in the Porsche dining room is OK, but it ain’t Paris! Plus, if they’re still doing deliveries in the same place they were two years ago, it’s only a few steps from the workshop. I’m pretty sure that if you asked, they’d be happy to walk you through it.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:24 PM
bdardashti
Intermediate

Thanks for helping me make the decision @ragerard!
Old 05-26-2024, 03:06 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bdardashti
Thanks for helping me make the decision @ragerard!
As we say in Paris, de rien! But if you never done so, do take some time in the museum before you leave Zuff.

Quick Reply: Jul 25 ED, no factory tour