Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

It's a date! June ED in Leipzig!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 10:25 AM
ScottRich
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

So the Grossglockner exceeded my already high expectations, thanks for everyone who recommended it!

We got up there pretty early from Zell am See, and the weather was beautiful. The road wasn't too crowded yet, lots of bikes, some sports cars and lots of Sprinter vans. People were generally well-behaved except for a group of muscle cars.

What a road! Beautifully engineered and paved, with spectacular views. I agree with folks who have called it the greatest alpine road. We had a nice stop at FAT and enjoyed a cappuccino with a spectacular view.

Here are some of the highlights.

Right before there Grossglockner tollbooth from Zell am See.

Heading up from FAT.

So much snow up top!

Cappuccino with a view at FAT.

We're in Cortina d'Ampezzo now, with our first looks at the Dolomites. Am I saying "spectacular" too much? ;-)
The following 5 users liked this post by ScottRich:
magnus89 (06-05-2024), Mike981S (06-06-2024), needmoregarage (06-05-2024), Nine_thousand (06-05-2024), wdr911 (06-26-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 04:57 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,195 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottRich
Hey @disden, I looked for your car and didn't see it. There was a grey S/T, or maybe it was a GT3 Touring, but it had regular plates, not ED plates. Have a great trip, we'll keep our eyes out for you on the road!
Großglockner is amazing drive, glad weather allowed it. Curious what company in Leipzig did your PPF? I had mine done prior to arrival as well so glad to hear it looked good. Enjoy
Old 06-06-2024, 01:40 AM
ScottRich
Advanced

I didn't get the name of the PPF contractor, but Sean from Porsche European Delivery mentioned that it's a new company they're using now. They just set it up in the last few weeks, and I have to say communication wasn't great. I wasn't sure until I saw the car that it would get done.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 448 Likes on 223 Posts

So the Grossglockner exceeded my already high expectations, thanks for everyone who recommended it!

We got up there pretty early from Zell am See, and the weather was beautiful. The road wasn't too crowded yet, lots of bikes, some sports cars and lots of Sprinter vans. People were generally well-behaved except for a group of muscle cars.

What a road! Beautifully engineered and paved, with spectacular views. I agree with folks who have called it the greatest alpine road. We had a nice stop at FAT and enjoyed a cappuccino with a spectacular view.

Here are some of the highlights.

Right before there Grossglockner tollbooth from Zell am See.

Heading up from FAT.

So much snow up top!

Cappuccino with a view at FAT.

We're in Cortina d'Ampezzo now, with our first looks at the Dolomites. Am I saying "spectacular" too much? ;-)
It only has been a few weeks and I am already longing to go back and your pictures are not helping ... My wife said something about this being our last EuroDelivery (mainly because I am running out of space), but I think in a few years she will agree to another one.... Or I have to buy some cheaper 981 S or GTS and store it with my relatives and do frequent visits .

Enjoy the roads!
ScottRich (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 02:43 AM
Mattyboi
Advanced

Received 104 Likes on 48 Posts

Glad you liked it! The area around Cortina is amazing and you cant pick a bad road. One thing you should do while there is drive to the old ski jump and get a picture of your car there, you can park right underneath.

Ski jump

Its down a small forest road but dont let that put you off.

Last edited by Mattyboi; 06-06-2024 at 02:47 AM.
Mike981S (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 02:46 AM
Mattyboi
Advanced

Received 104 Likes on 48 Posts

Also, dont forget to buy the sticker for each pass you do! I did these six last week.

Mike981S (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 03:02 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Originally Posted by Mattyboi
Also, dont forget to buy the sticker for each pass you do! I did these six last week.

Great idea. I missed that (only got the Grossglockner sticker), though given the amount of passes I drove, I am not sure I would have any space left to place the stickers.
Old 06-07-2024, 02:36 AM
ScottRich
Advanced

Wow, can't believe I had no idea about the stickers. I could have filled half the hood yesterday! We spent yesterday driving the Sella and Gardena group passes, and hiking Seceda and Alpe de Siusi in Ortisei. We did the Falzarego(twice), Valparola, Gardena, Sella and Pordoi passes. The passes were amazing, the views incredible, the car perfect, but damn there were some narrow roads and some serious a-holes on motorcycles and sports cars. No kidding we had five near misses….

Heading into a hairpin, I think this was on the way down from Pordoi.

Got an early start and had some of the early passes to ourselves.

The view down from Secede. Nothing better than a mid-hike appleschorle.

Alpe de Siusi, very hard to capture how majestic it is.

Almost to the top of the Sella Pass, I think.

The following 2 users liked this post by ScottRich:
magnus89 (06-07-2024), Mike981S (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 10:40 AM
Nine_thousand
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 75 Posts

Sounds like it’s worth the early start to miss some of the traffic! Great pictures, and sounds like a pretty spectacular day.

I had a *near* miss on Stelvio and it really took the fun out of that drive for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nine_thousand:
Mike981S (06-07-2024), ScottRich (06-07-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 06:48 AM
ScottRich
Advanced

Was having too much fun to keep up the daily reports. ;-) Will catch up this weekend.

What an incredible trip, I'm absolutely in love with the car, it's going to be a keeper. Dropped off the car in Sindelfingen on Thursday, Sal was as great as everyone said, and now the second wait begins...
Mike981S (06-17-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 01:53 PM
ScottRich
Advanced

Is this normal? TYD seems to think my Porsche is delivered after ED, step 5/5 complete:

I know the car is at Emden already, but TYD doesn't seem to be planning to show me anything else...
Old 06-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Is this normal? TYD seems to think my Porsche is delivered after ED, step 5/5 complete:

I know the car is at Emden already, but TYD doesn't seem to be planning to show me anything else...
This is normal. My.Porsche.Com doesn't even show me the dates above anymore.
Old 06-20-2024, 04:34 PM
ScottRich
Advanced

Fun. So can someone remind me how to track the rest of the journey?
Old 06-20-2024, 07:45 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Fun. So can someone remind me how to track the rest of the journey?
Apparently, you and/or your SA will get an email once the car has been loaded onto the ship and you will get the VAT deposit back (I am still waiting for that 3 weeks after I have dropped the car off in Sindelfingen). In previous years, the SA could tell you the name of the ship (I hope that is still the case). With that information you can track the ship with one of the marine traffic sites/apps until it arrives as the port. Once it is at the port, I think information about the car is lost for us until it gets loaded onto the truck to be shipped to your dealer.
ScottRich (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 08:53 PM
ScottRich
Advanced

Thanks Mike. Will reach out to my SA.

Quick Reply: It's a date! June ED in Leipzig!