Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Leipzig Delivery in June!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 11:19 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,563 Likes on 869 Posts
Default Leipzig Delivery in June!!

My Rubystar Neo 992 T has completed its build today!! And 6/6 is fast approaching for my first ever Euro Delivery. I have been following this page for months now and appreciate so much all of the feedback and advice from so many of you. Just wanted to post some of my TYD pics to start a thread for my entire journey. I will be sure to document the whole experience here from start to finish and am ALWAYS OPEN to new suggestions and ideas for the Leipzig delivery experience... I have a 7 day driving trip planned (3 week total trip)... wanted to get the car dropped off after a week so It can start its longggg journey back to Boston... Fingers crossed before summer is over.

Pre Delivery Destinations: 2 nights Vienna, 2 Nights Prague
Arrive Leipzig Night Before Delivery, take Delivery 6/6, Route leaving Leipzig below:
Leipzig -> Nuremburg/Rothenburg ob der Tauber -> Ruf Factory Tour -> Munich -> Neuschwanstein Castle -> highline 179 -> Innsbruck -> Stelvio Pass -> Bregenz -> Black Forest -> Stuttgart (Factory tour) -> Drop car at Sindelfingen
Post Road Trip Destinations: Drive North to Amsterdam (Any suggestions driving from Stuttgart and north to Amsterdam are appreciated... This will be with 2 family members in a "family size" and probably much slower vehicle lol

Link to my Google Map Roadtrip plans:
https://goo.gl/maps/kN8zWL2v9UiABN8D7
My Photo/trip Journey starts below with Production process

Last edited by toph4242; 03-10-2023 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:39 AM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 177 Posts

Amazing spec! Congrats on the new purchase, I am looking forward to my turn in the future to spec out a dream 911 and do European delivery!
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 01:32 AM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Wow - surely they didn't build the entire car in only two or three days? You gotta wonder if those dates are correct... Anyway, trip sounds great - if you have time, maybe try hitting Umbrail pass too, considering it connects directly to Stelvio.
toph4242 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 01:54 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobert75
Wow - surely they didn't build the entire car in only two or three days? You gotta wonder if those dates are correct... Anyway, trip sounds great - if you have time, maybe try hitting Umbrail pass too, considering it connects directly to Stelvio.
My original build start date and finish were 3/3-3/9... on 3/3 TYD never updated, and it took until 3/7. I assume they started 3/3 and it just didnt get updated on the website for some reason... and thanks, ill check that suggestion out
Old 03-10-2023, 11:24 AM
sarajelfer
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
My original build start date and finish were 3/3-3/9... on 3/3 TYD never updated, and it took until 3/7. I assume they started 3/3 and it just didnt get updated on the website for some reason... and thanks, ill check that suggestion out

Do you mind to share when you got commission number and when was ED requested/confirmed.
Thx
toph4242 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 11:40 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by braco
Do you mind to share when you got commission number and when was ED requested/confirmed.
Thx
Sure, here is my timeline: From Start to Finish the entire process will be October 2022-June 2023 (8 months)... But only 6 months from Allocation to Euro delivery, and would have only been 4 months had I skipped ED (shockingly fast!)
1.) Requested allocation on day of T launch (#1 on list October 2022)
2.) Received allocation/commission number on Christmas Eve 2022 (Freeze date 2/17 and build date of 3/3. US delivery of 4/1)
3.) Emailed Euro Delivery Team directly same day allocation received (Placed on cancelation list for Spring, told likely a Summer Euro Delivery)
4.) Confirmed with Joey January 18th of Cancelation slot available June 6th (I called him and got lucky that it was the same day he had received this cancelation)
5.) ED paperwork signed as of Freeze date
6.) Euro delivery packet mailed to dealer as of today (Once production has been completed)
7.) Euro Delivery pick up scheduled for June 6th
Old 03-10-2023, 12:12 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats! I know I felt both a sense of relief and a whole new wave of excitement when my build completed a few weeks ago. It all felt much more real.
toph4242 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 12:21 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Congrats! I know I felt both a sense of relief and a whole new wave of excitement when my build completed a few weeks ago. It all felt much more real.
Totally! I think the stress I was feeling about spending this much on something I couldn't see has dissipated now that I have eyes on the "final product". Now that the car has been built I also have received all the final confirmations and emails for my scheduled and locked in dates in June, so that is another level of stress that is gone (knowing that its safe to have everything booked)... obviously things can still come up, but I feel a little more "locked in".
mathfuzzy (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 12:36 PM
sarajelfer
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Sure, here is my timeline: From Start to Finish the entire process will be October 2022-June 2023 (8 months)... But only 6 months from Allocation to Euro delivery, and would have only been 4 months had I skipped ED (shockingly fast!)
1.) Requested allocation on day of T launch (#1 on list October 2022)
2.) Received allocation/commission number on Christmas Eve 2022 (Freeze date 2/17 and build date of 3/3. US delivery of 4/1)
3.) Emailed Euro Delivery Team directly same day allocation received (Placed on cancelation list for Spring, told likely a Summer Euro Delivery)
4.) Confirmed with Joey January 18th of Cancelation slot available June 6th (I called him and got lucky that it was the same day he had received this cancelation)
5.) ED paperwork signed as of Freeze date
6.) Euro delivery packet mailed to dealer as of today (Once production has been completed)
7.) Euro Delivery pick up scheduled for June 6th
Thanks for the update.
5.5 months between commission and ED sounds great. I did ED last summer easluly picking the dates. No need to say it was fenomenal overall experience. This time much more complicated.
It might be part of everall increase of US/Europe travel this summer.
Good luck. You will enjoy it!

Last edited by sarajelfer; 03-10-2023 at 12:39 PM.
toph4242 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 05:28 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,079 Likes on 643 Posts

Bold color, I love it.

Your north route to Amsterdam takes you right by the Nürburgring if you wanted to stop in and have a burger at the Devils Diner.

Might consider blacking out your commission number and VIN, too many eyes on that IMO.

Once in Amsterdam, check out the Red Light District at night, even with the family, it is entertaining, lots of pubs to have a beer and take in the sights.

Thanks for sharing, Enjoy!

toph4242 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 05:33 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Bold color, I love it.

Your north route to Amsterdam takes you right by the Nürburgring if you wanted to stop in and have a burger at the Devils Diner.

Might consider blacking out your commission number and VIN, too many eyes on that IMO.

Once in Amsterdam, check out the Red Light District at night, even with the family, it is entertaining, lots of pubs to have a beer and take in the sights.

Thanks for sharing, Enjoy!
Thank you... Yes I hope to stop by the ring (wanted to do it with the 911, but not enough time)... The family I am traveling with actually lives in Amsterdam! so we are very familiar with the red light district, and I agree, lots of fun for the whole family haha... They know the area better than I do, but I was curious if people on here who have done the drive felt it made more sense to stay in Germany or divert and go through Luxembourg and Belgium on our way back up to their place. I have been to Amsterdam a number of times, but I've never done this extensive of a roadtrip "off the beaten path"
Old 03-10-2023, 08:51 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Belgium, Ghent and Bruges are cool little places to check out. I just did this trip in the fall, you could head west into France. Check out Reims, champagne tour, Vimy Ridge/WW1 sites. Then go up into Bruges and Ghent on way to Amsterdam.

The WWII sites are a must see too, but they're pretty far west from Germany. Highly suggested.
toph4242 (03-11-2023)
Old 06-02-2023, 03:07 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Reviving this thread: On my way to Europe as I write, and looking forward to sharing my entire Journey via this Thread... My Leipzig Deliver will be on June 6th and then I have about 10-12 days driving around the continent of Europe. Will take as many pictures, videos, notes as possible and share the whole experience. Will also do a full 911T review on that thread, but needless to say, SO EXCITED for this dream trip come true. Stay Tuned for more!
The following 4 users liked this post by toph4242:
carmine911 (06-06-2023), mathfuzzy (06-05-2023), Muckesäckele (06-22-2023), Patriot (06-07-2023)
Old 06-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Excited to see your pics and thoughts on it, enjoy!
toph4242 (06-04-2023)
Old 06-17-2023, 07:58 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

After the most incredible 2.5 weeks in Europe, I have just arrived back home and am ready to reflect on my European Delivery Experience... IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND CAN GET THE ALLOCATION, DO NOT HESITATE TO DO THIS TRIP. European Delivery is an experience that you will never forget and never regret. My trip began on June 1st when I flew from Boston to Prague. I met friends and explored this city for 3 days. It was my first time in Prague and highly recommend as a location to go to before delivery as it allows for you to get over jetlag and was a VERY easy 2.5 hour train ride to Leipzig.
(IF you visit Prague, Hemingway Bar is a MUST... best cocktails and experience in the city)

After our few days in Prague we took the train which had a quick stop in Dresden before arriving in Leipzig. The station was within a 5min walk of the Steigneberger hotel where Porsche had a room reserved for us. The hotel is beautiful and the square behind it has wonderful restaurants and bars. I was shocked at how nice the city center was... I don't know what I was expecting, but there was much more there than I had anticipated. The morning of delivery, Porsche sent a taxi to pick me and my friends up and drove us directly to the factory.

Leipzig Central Square

City Central Square

Road to Paradise

Leipzig Factory Arrival Location

Once you arrive at the Factory, the Team meets you and your guests... we were the 12pm booking so we had Lunch first, followed by the Factory tour, then the 1 hour Track Time, and finally the Handover and presentation of the vehicle. In between all of this you are also given time to explore the Museum, Carrera Cafe and the Factory store. The team in the store was great and had sourced me a few accessories ahead of time including the Dashcam!

The Handover of the car is obviously the best part...

After I took delivery we drove the car for a few hours, before returning to the Steigenberger for another night. The next morning we left for Rothemberg Ob De Taub and Nuremburg. We also did a Porsche Drive Rental so my friends could all fit. They provided a Carrera 4S cab in black.

Amazing parking at Sheraton in Nuremburg

Nuremburg

Nuremburg

Rothemburg Ob De Taub (Small town... only need 1 afternoon here max)

Rothemburg Ob De Taub

The Next day we left from Nuremburg and headed south to Munich to visit RUF factory and to explore Munich. The RUF factory is amazing to see in person (It is very small... much smaller than I expected). The city of Munich requires another visit. I didn't spend enough time here and loved every second that we had there.

RUF Factory

Yellowbird in the flesh!

Munich

First wash!! Munich self serve car wash about 10min north of city center

From Munich, The trip went further south into Innsbruck, Neuschwanstein castle/Highline 179 suspension bridge, and then down into the real reason for this route which was Stelvio Pass!! I am very glad that I did Stelvio Pass once in my life, but I can't say I would rush back for another attempt. It was very busy, the roads are a little too narrow compared to other passes, and the straights just aren't long enough to enjoy... having said that, I would recommend to anyone that wants to enjoy the view and experience once of the most challenging roads on earth.

Next to the castle

Southern Germany near the castle

highline 179 suspension bridge

view from highline 179

Austrian Border

hotel stop in Austria

view from Hotel Restaurant in Austria pre stelvio

STELVIO (James Bond Goldfinger Section)

STELVIO

CAR COMMUNITY! They loved the Rubystar

Bormio

EDIT* Professional Stelvio Photos

yellow belts + Rubystar make me so happy!

After Stelvio we drove through St. Moritz, and into Switerland (Bregenz on the Bodensea)... This is the only part of the trip that I would likely skip actually. The sea was beautiful, but I think I would have rather gone a different route... either further south into Italy more, or back north into Germany and spent more time in the Black Forrest or Baden Baden. There was no real need to stay at the hotel we went to, and I'd say pick a different route after Stelvio. The only positive was running into a group of about 5-6 Porsche owners at the Bregenz hotel, and seeing the original 911T pictured below. They also loved the Rubystar and were very excited to see the new 992T in person.

Bregenz

The OG

From Bregenz, we went straight north into the Black Forrest and Baden Baden before arriving in Stuttgart. The black forrest had some of the best roads of the trip. In my opinion, the country roads and black forrest roads of Germany are more enjoyable than some of the Alpine passes simply because they were more sweeping twisty roads and long straights vs hairpin turns in the alps. Dont get me wrong, the drive from Inssbruck to Stelvio was AMAZING... those 3-4 hours of back roads were breathtaking... and once you came down from Stelvio, the same thing was true. Black Forrest is another place, however, that I wish I spent more time in.
After black forrest we arrived in Stuttgart at the Porsche Hotel Zeppelin Graf

Night View of Zuffenhausen

Factory at Night

Stuttgart is not the prettiest city, but there are some nice areas to walk

Hotel Parking in Stuttgart was excellent... you can self park if you prefer, which I did

The last stop with the car was the factory where we did a tour of the 911/718 factory and walked through the Museum lobby/shop even though the museum was closed that day (monday)... Got some final shots of the car out front and then headed over to Sindelfingen where we left the car with Sal... Sal was absolutely WONDERFUL. Super nice guy and made me feel really good about the process, leaving the car with him and the time table for it to reach the United States (East Coast).

Factory

Dakar

Multiple Dakar

Final photo shoot

leaving in Sindelfingen with Sal

Last shots before I said goodbye

Couldnt be happier with the car

THIS CAR IS PERFECT. Im thrilled with my options list, color choices, and most importantly with the way the Manual transmission and car in general performed for me. When I took delivery at the factory they advised just 400-500 miles of break in at under 4500rpm, and then slowly increase to over 5500rpm. They said once I was over about 600 miles I could give it hell. When I dropped the car at Sal's I had about 1250 on the clock, so I enjoyed over 650 miles of full send around Europe. The car was flawless, the sound amazing (not having any back seats or sound deadening really made a difference)... The Rear wheel steer was incredible for tight turns and although it took some time to get used to it at high speed, I was very pleased with how the RWS performed... It is very different, but I think in time I will understand how to manipulate it even better!

The Stick shift is perfect... nothing more needs to be said. Its flawless, and the autoblip makes you feel like a pro immediately... I turned off and enjoyed trying to do it myslef, but the car will always do it better.

The Rubystar color is so different depending on light, and the pictures do it NO justice... its way better in person
The limited slip, Sport PASM suspension, Sport Chrono and Sport exhaust all make fore a fantastic package... its way better than my 992 Carrera and honestly it feels like a racecar with this setup. On delivery day I drove the GTS, GT3 and my 992T... its certainly less HP, but the setup made it feel as good as the other two (okay the GT3 is a rocket... but the T holds its own!!!!)

This was the best trip ever... and I can't wait to do it again with the next car (not anytime soon, but there will be a next one for sure).
I have plenty more pictures, and information to share about hotels etc. If you have any questions about the lodging, roads that we took etc, comment here or message me directly.,. happy to share and help anyway I can... I owe this trip to so many people on Rennlist and their planning and tips, so I am happy to return the favor and have a phone call or message on here!

Below are some pics from the last leg of the trip after dropping off the car... headed to France, Champagne region and finally Paris.

our terrace at Airbnb

Dom Perignon

Barnaut Champagne... fantastic

Our Airbnb Terrace in Champagne

Reims Garden

Grand Colbert Restaurant

Museum Picasso

Last edited by toph4242; 06-20-2023 at 08:37 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by toph4242:
bobert75 (06-17-2023), dub (06-23-2023), Edward911 (06-25-2023), HerrDr (06-17-2023), Honza (06-18-2023), Macboy (06-22-2023), magnus89 (08-01-2023), Muckesäckele (06-22-2023), Wilder (06-18-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Leipzig Delivery in June!!