Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

How long will PECLA hold my car until shipping company arrives?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023 | 02:28 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Default How long will PECLA hold my car until shipping company arrives?

I have a Carrera T on order to be delivered at PECLA, but the car is being shipped to and registered in Oregon. They won't allow me to take delivery of the car since it won't have any type of registration. I have to have a shipping company pick it up with an official Bill of Lading. Just wondering if anyone has had PECLA hold the car for a while after their experience day if the shipping company is behind schedule
Old 06-12-2023 | 05:17 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
I have a Carrera T on order to be delivered at PECLA, but the car is being shipped to and registered in Oregon. They won't allow me to take delivery of the car since it won't have any type of registration. I have to have a shipping company pick it up with an official Bill of Lading. Just wondering if anyone has had PECLA hold the car for a while after their experience day if the shipping company is behind schedule
I did not hear any specific concerns from PECLA on this. It felt like a week or two should be okay, a month maybe but then they will start asking on if you have the right shipping company lol.

Have you considered Plycar? They are enclosed and travel weekly.
Old 06-12-2023 | 02:39 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

I recently found out some more info on this, which is that a PECLA representative doesn't help you with your car delivery. Meaning you'd technically just be leaving your car there but at that point it's your car, and you have to show up to facilitate delivery when the truck shows up.
Old 06-12-2023 | 03:56 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

I recently found out some more info on this, which is that a PECLA representative doesn't help you with your car delivery. Meaning you'd technically just be leaving your car there but at that point it's your car, and you have to show up to facilitate delivery when the truck shows up.
Who did you speak with? I've spoken with PECLA rep who is assisting with scheduling and he had noted PECLA will assist with shipping. Meaning they will assist with the car being loaded on to the truck. I'd suggest speaking directly with the organizer on this.
Old 06-12-2023 | 04:00 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Who did you speak with? I've spoken with PECLA rep who is assisting with scheduling and he had noted PECLA will assist with shipping. Meaning they will assist with the car being loaded on to the truck. I'd suggest speaking directly with the organizer on this.

Yeah that's probably a good idea
Old 06-19-2023 | 01:21 PM
Radiationman
Racer

They won't allow me to take delivery of the car since it won't have any type of registration. I
I assume that this is because you're purchasing the car from a dealer that isn't in Oregon? If so, isn't there a way you can get a temporary registration from the dealer you're purchasing from so that the delivery can be completed? You should be able to either supply PECLA wit the temp registration and tags for delivery or take that information over to the DMV in OR (assuming you're in OR) prior to going to PECLA to get the registration sorted. You'll need to sign the paperwork for the purchase of the car a few days before going to PECLA (assuming it works like PEC ATL delivery) for delivery so you may be able to work with your dealer to ensure that there's enough time between completion of the paperwork and the scheduled delivery date to get a registration issued from OR....
Old 06-19-2023 | 03:00 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Radiationman
I assume that this is because you're purchasing the car from a dealer that isn't in Oregon? If so, isn't there a way you can get a temporary registration from the dealer you're purchasing from so that the delivery can be completed? You should be able to either supply PECLA wit the temp registration and tags for delivery or take that information over to the DMV in OR (assuming you're in OR) prior to going to PECLA to get the registration sorted. You'll need to sign the paperwork for the purchase of the car a few days before going to PECLA (assuming it works like PEC ATL delivery) for delivery so you may be able to work with your dealer to ensure that there's enough time between completion of the paperwork and the scheduled delivery date to get a registration issued from OR....
Yeah that's all pretty much accurate. No temp reg is going to be available. unfortunately. I'm going to try and reg it before but honestly it's probably going to end up on the truck. We'll see
Old 06-20-2023 | 07:22 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I recently picked up a Panamera 23’ at PECLA that I wanted to register the car in a Washington state. My dealer- not a calif dealer- sent me temp plate for Washington and also sent me the mso from porsche- a release by Porsche to my name. I took all the paperwork to a Washington dmv office personally where I paid the sales tax and registration and was issued my Washington state plates.

I drove this Panamera out of PECLA - with temporary plate.

I flew up to Washington on business a week after driving the car out of PECLA. I did not have to ship it from PECLA to Washington.

I paid cash so that might be the difference also- directly to the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
VarTheVar (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023 | 10:36 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa32
I recently picked up a Panamera 23’ at PECLA that I wanted to register the car in a Washington state. My dealer- not a calif dealer- sent me temp plate for Washington and also sent me the mso from porsche- a release by Porsche to my name. I took all the paperwork to a Washington dmv office personally where I paid the sales tax and registration and was issued my Washington state plates.

I drove this Panamera out of PECLA - with temporary plate.

I flew up to Washington on business a week after driving the car out of PECLA. I did not have to ship it from PECLA to Washington.

I paid cash so that might be the difference also- directly to the dealer.
I'll ask my dealer again and use you as an example. Thanks
Old 06-20-2023 | 10:50 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Some dealers will let you register the car yourself- but with a loan probably will require that they register the car to make sure the lender is on the title as a lien holder.

Dealers seem to have personalities and their own rules likely built from clients trying to play games with them.
The following users liked this post:
VarTheVar (06-23-2023)
Old 06-23-2023 | 02:52 AM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

I just spoke with a PECLA rep. He told me as long as I have some type of reg I can drive the car out of there. So my goal is to get the financing completed, register the car in Oregon in the meantime, and either get temp or permanent plates. He also told me the dealer should have the MSO and everything necessary to register the car, so in theory once I "purchase" the car meaning do the financing and pay for it, I'll have the ability to register it. The only weird part is that a car isn't considered sold until it's delivered to the owner, which doesn't really jive with the Experience Center pickup model. But oh well..I'm going to try to get this done one way or another.

Quick Reply: How long will PECLA hold my car until shipping company arrives?