Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

RADAR DETECTOR in Europe

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023 | 02:41 PM
carmine911
Advanced

Default RADAR DETECTOR in Europe

Is it usefult to have a radar detector in Europe for the European delivery? I have delivery in October for a 992 GTS and am starting to make plans. Also, any recommendations for sites that help plan the brest places to drive, based on where you want to go?
Old 05-04-2023 | 10:56 PM
carmine911
Advanced

I put in a configuration on a whim in Feb. I received a call that I can allocation for a GTS Cab on Mar 2. I specked the car Mar 4 and opted for European delivery (still free at that time). I just finished my lock in April 27. Now manufacturing begins on May 25 and the car should be ready by June 5. I received a call from my SA yesterday and I was given options for dates in Oct. I locked in on Fri, Oct 6 for European delivery at Stuttgart.

I contacted Porsche NA, European delivery once I had a Commission number and he put me in line for Zuffenhausen (initially saying November). I'm happy that I got early Oct now. I was told I may need winter tires (no longer free)
Old 05-04-2023 | 11:45 PM
carmine911
Advanced

good to know, I'll leave it here
Old 05-05-2023 | 12:51 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

You won't need it either, no reason to be speeding unless in the unrestricted zones.

Watch on the B500 into Baden Baden and any small villages/towns on back roads, lots of photo radar. They are concrete roundish bunkers that flash as you drive up to them. I found a lot of the 30-40 zones have photo radar. I think I got flashed 3 times...

Enjoy, ED is unreal.
Old 05-05-2023 | 03:23 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
You won't need it either, no reason to be speeding unless in the unrestricted zones.

Watch on the B500 into Baden Baden and any small villages/towns on back roads, lots of photo radar. They are concrete roundish bunkers that flash as you drive up to them. I found a lot of the 30-40 zones have photo radar. I think I got flashed 3 times...

Enjoy, ED is unreal.
^^ this, all of it.

That’s a great time of year. I highly recommend a route that includes Zell am Zee and Saltzberg. If you’re into Porsche History, check out Gmund while you’re in that general area. My wife and I were just debriefing our trip - we’d revisit Lake Constance and Luzern. Next time we’d likely head south to the Italian lakes.

and if you haven’t read through it, check out Angryinch’s thread about April Zuffenhausen ED; there’s a ton of good info and suggestions.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (05-09-2023)

Quick Reply: RADAR DETECTOR in Europe