Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

PECLA vs PEC ATL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 05:13 PM
9nein7
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PECLA vs PEC ATL?

Did some searching but couldn't come up with anything besides both being must have experiences! I'm flying out to Atlanta later this month and have the chance to visit the PEC there. However, I'm also in CA so going down to PECLA isn't an issue for me either. Does anyone have first hand experience or anectodical feedback on each facility? ATL just opened their new track but there aren't any bookings available that I'm interested in at the moment so that won't be a factor for me this time around.

Wondering if I should visit the ATL facility since it's considered the "official" headquarters or whether I should go to PECLA for a similar experience. Bookings in ATL are pretty limited too this late in the game so I'd imagine being able to secure better experiences down the line for PECLA with better planning (more car choices, extended sessions, etc.). Any feedback is appreciated as I plan on booking my experience this week!
Old 04-04-2023, 03:07 PM
shayes121
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9nein7
Did some searching but couldn't come up with anything besides both being must have experiences! I'm flying out to Atlanta later this month and have the chance to visit the PEC there. However, I'm also in CA so going down to PECLA isn't an issue for me either. Does anyone have first hand experience or anectodical feedback on each facility? ATL just opened their new track but there aren't any bookings available that I'm interested in at the moment so that won't be a factor for me this time around.

Wondering if I should visit the ATL facility since it's considered the "official" headquarters or whether I should go to PECLA for a similar experience. Bookings in ATL are pretty limited too this late in the game so I'd imagine being able to secure better experiences down the line for PECLA with better planning (more car choices, extended sessions, etc.). Any feedback is appreciated as I plan on booking my experience this week!

Hi there!

Both have a lot to offer and are a great entry point for general driving instruction. If you want the full "brand experience" I would recommend the Atlanta location including a visit to the Heritage Center one floor down from the main lobby. If you can time a visit in Los Angeles with one of the Cars and Coffee (Morning Shift) events you won't be disappointed, and have a reserved space in the lot after booking a drive program. If you are already visiting Atlanta, I recommend booking lunch at their Restaurant 356 and walking around after to check the place out. For the Atlanta HQ you need to make reservations to get through security at the front gate smoothly, in LA you can walk in any time they are open.

For the driving programs, they have a lot of overlap with exercises at both facilities. With the new West course in Atlanta they will be even more similar size/driving wise. Los Angeles has a bigger plot and slightly more runoff room around the driving circuit but since it is geared more to novice/intermediate drivers it isn't a factor.

Cheers.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:20 AM
wdr911
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 59 Posts

Agree with “shayes121”…….we have been to both PECs…..Atlanta is definitely my preference, We have done two Deliveries in Atlanta ….April 2019 #841. And last week March 31st #1860 both afternoon sessions.

My son and his wife said last week “This is like Christmas morning…this place is magical”! After reviewing the new 2024 pricing the Experience will become more expensive.

2019 Cayman S - Chalk - PEC Atlanta #841

PEC Atlanta #1860

Shark Blue

Espresso / Cognac with Deviated Espresso Seat Inserts, Leather Dash Trim (Cognac on the Dash and Espresso on the Console area) with Shark Blue Seat Belts.

Sunday April 2nd back home safe and sound - 850 miles.. Dropped off the GTS on Sunday afternoon at Clear Auto Bra in Plymouth, Michigan, the premier shop in the Motor City.

Expel Track Wrap was removed so cleaning and film work could begin on Monday morning. A family owned business that has been installing film for over 20 years with an outstanding reputation.

Last edited by wdr911; 04-06-2023 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Remove duplicate picture
Old 04-13-2023, 08:39 PM
9nein7
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you both for the feedback, these were exactly the answers I was hoping for! I'll share my experience at ATL as well and hopefully others will find this thread just as informative as I did.

P.S. Gorgeous GTS, wdr911!

Quick Reply: PECLA vs PEC ATL?