Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Taxi vouchers question for anyone who has done ED recently

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023 | 10:52 AM
reddysum
Instructor

Default Taxi vouchers question for anyone who has done ED recently

So the dealership I am working with is out of state. They have received my ED box but won’t get it until sometime next week. My ED is scheduled for Leipzig pickup on 3/23. I will be dropping the car back at Sindelfingen on 3/28.

So regarding taxi vouchers, do you get two? Also are these for use anywhere in Germany? Is there a maximum amount per voucher? I would like to use one to get from Sindelfingen to the main Stuttgart train station to catch a train from Stuttgart to Frankfurt. I could book a train from Sindelfingen to Frankfurt but it seems like it takes 50 minutes from Sindelfingen to Stuttgart. I was thinking a taxi would save me time but maybe not?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by reddysum; 03-10-2023 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2023 | 11:55 AM
appzman
Intermediate

I got two, they seemed to be useful broadly in Germany (there was a list of other cities with phone numbers for some of the taxi companies), but I only used them in Stuttgart so I can't confirm. I didn't see any maximum listed on the voucher.
Old 03-10-2023 | 05:16 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I received three and was also wondering this if there is a limit. Maybe ask the Taxi driver or your ED coordinator?

I too was thinking of using them to get back to the train station in Stuttgart from Sindelfingen... However, I didn't want to leave Porsche with a $200 taxi bill either hah.
Old 03-11-2023 | 09:36 PM
waoooz
3rd Gear

Hi, Do you mind to share how long did you wait to get the ED after manufacturing started?

I am still waiting for an update from local dealer. My Porsche web shows the manufacturing start date is April 19th.
Old 03-13-2023 | 11:07 AM
appzman
Intermediate

My production date was mid Dec and they offered me a mid Feb ED.
The following users liked this post:
waoooz (03-13-2023)
Old 03-13-2023 | 12:44 PM
waoooz
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by appzman
My production date was mid Dec and they offered me a mid Feb ED.
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2023 | 01:05 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Originally Posted by waoooz
Hi, Do you mind to share how long did you wait to get the ED after manufacturing started?

I am still waiting for an update from local dealer. My Porsche web shows the manufacturing start date is April 19th.
It depends when you’re scheduled for ED…?

Your ED is typically scheduled 4-6 weeks after production, maybe longer if you got a random cancellation or requested a certain date that was available.

Im done production early march and going mid April. I believe there is a limit to how long they’ll let the car sit there before ED, the exact amount of time im not sure, maybe 3 months or so.

ED is booked for the entire year already I think. The only hope are cancellation.

Last edited by Angryinch; 03-13-2023 at 01:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
waoooz (03-13-2023)
Old 03-13-2023 | 08:54 PM
reddysum
Instructor

Also, did the dealer actually agree to European delivery? It costs them about $4000. The dealer will get an extra allocation by doing ED but some dealers don’t want to deal with extra paperwork etc. If they did then you can contact Joey. His contact info is in various European delivery threads just do a search.

My sales associate was very good in keeping in touch with Joey on my behalf and had ED slot confirmed about 2 months before my build completed.

My car completed production on 2/21/23 and ED is scheduled for 3/23/23

Last edited by reddysum; 03-14-2023 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2023 | 11:27 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

You sound like a bot??

My dealer said no ED as it was full, or it seemed they didn't want to try too hard so I had emailed them directly and asked to be put on the cancelation list. I have a feeling they didn't really want me to go on ED as they were surprised that I had found the ED guys email and were asking where I had found it.

The paperwork is about 3 pages long, my SA sent it to me, I filled it all out myself.

Nice, you leave right away, posts some pics and let us know what you liked and didn't like, cheers.
Old 03-15-2023 | 12:53 AM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Your ED is typically scheduled 4-6 weeks after production, maybe longer if you got a random cancellation or requested a certain date that was available.

Im done production early march and going mid April. I believe there is a limit to how long they’ll let the car sit there before ED, the exact amount of time im not sure, maybe 3 months or so.

ED is booked for the entire year already I think. The only hope are cancellation.
For Zuffenhausen, I think there's a minimum of around four weeks between end of production and ED. What I am sure of is that Zuffenhausen has a maximum storage time of eight weeks; however, Leipzig has no such limit (it can be longer than three months there).

I also want to mention that ED is not fully booked for the year - Zuffenhausen may be, not sure, but Leipzig is only booked through July and is just booking August now. Leipzig folks only just released some August ED dates yesterday and they likely won't release Sept Leipzig dates until sometime in early April.

My dealer said no ED as it was full, or it seemed they didn't want to try too hard so I had emailed them directly and asked to be put on the cancelation list. I have a feeling they didn't really want me to go on ED as they were surprised that I had found the ED guys email and were asking where I had found it.
Dealer is just... wrong.
Old 03-15-2023 | 01:29 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

^ When I emailed the ED director, he confirmed that ED was fully booked for the year. This is Canadian, which could be different than USA.
Old 03-15-2023 | 01:38 AM
bobert75
Racer

^ When I emailed the ED director, he confirmed that ED was fully booked for the year. This is Canadian, which could be different than USA.
Is the "ED director" not Joey at Porsche Cars North America? He's the Delivery Programs Manager. At any rate, it doesn't seem right that our friends up north would be shut out of ED early...
Old 03-15-2023 | 01:47 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Joey does USA, someone else does CDN… what I mentioned above is what his emailed said.

Quick Reply: Taxi vouchers question for anyone who has done ED recently