Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery Warranty start date

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023 | 11:03 AM
reddysum
Instructor

Default European Delivery Warranty start date

So with current shipping delays and having to purchase the car before picking up in Europe. When does your warranty date start for those who have done European delivery? It seems you could lose about 3-4 months of warranty coverage during this time.
Old 01-09-2023 | 04:32 PM
woobiee
Pro

I believe it starts the day you pick up from the factory.
Old 01-09-2023 | 09:08 PM
rjwa749
8th Gear

Originally Posted by woobiee
I believe it starts the day you pick up from the factory.
It does start with the factory delivery and you lose in transit time to your home dealer pickup.
Old 01-09-2023 | 10:45 PM
woobiee
Pro

During the wait for redelivery, I was getting emails from Porsche HQ thinking that I've already gotten my car back (hoping "I've been enjoying my car," etc). I'm sure those emails were all automated and boilerplated for standard US deliveries.

But to OP, my car only took 54 days to be redelivered -- a 3-4 month wait would be abnormal even during this pandemic.
Old 01-09-2023 | 11:23 PM
reddysum
Instructor

Great! Thanks for info. I’m picking up in Leipzig tentatively on 3/16 and opting out of winter tires so I can drop off at Sindelfingen. So will save me a day of travel time and it looks like there are less delays from there. Also don’t think I will need tires at that time. Plan on staying in southern Germany ( Black Forest), spa in Belgium and the ring. Short trip 7-8 days. With 1-2 days in Stuttgart before picking up to see the Porsche museum and factory tour. Also planning on doing the Mercedes museum.
Old 01-11-2023 | 03:12 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

I'd be careful with no winter tires. The restrictions in Germany generally last into late March or April. Any accident and you likely get blamed if the conditions contributed.
Old 01-11-2023 | 04:41 PM
rjwa749
8th Gear

Originally Posted by signes
I'd be careful with no winter tires. The restrictions in Germany generally last into late March or April. Any accident and you likely get blamed if the conditions contributed.
@reddysum I will second this, Germany is very strict on winter tires. Any reason you get stopped it could be an issue. In addition, your route, if into the Alps, is looking for trouble.
Old 01-11-2023 | 07:02 PM
reddysum
Instructor

Thanks for the heads up. If weather conditions are wintry. I will not drive. My understanding is that typical weather mid March is mid 50’s highs and mid 30’s lows where I will be. Not going into the alps. There are no hard rules in Germany as far as dates. Rule says if there are wintry conditions you should have winter tires. I can also put on euro compliant snow socks just to get me to the nearest hotel/town at slow speeds if needed. Belgium has no rules. Austria is through 3/15.

Plus the ring and spa are open that weekend. I wouldn’t think they would open unless there is a greater than 95% chance of no wintry conditions.

Last edited by reddysum; 01-11-2023 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: European Delivery Warranty start date