Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Understanding ED/PEC allocation

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022 | 07:09 PM
porschepath
Intermediate

Default Understanding ED/PEC allocation

I have found that I don't care which dealership I get my car from, I'll drive or ship it across the country, if I have to, to get a more timely allocation. I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that if I do ED or PEC, I can get an allocation from any dealership - does that sound right? If so, that takes a lot of the legwork out of emailing nearly 200 dealerships in the US. Does anyone know what I could have read about and can tell me more?
Old 10-17-2022 | 08:17 PM
woobiee
Pro

That's if the dealer(s) you are working with have an ED/PEC allocation to give you, to my knowledge.

With my journey, my local dealer received a surprise ED allocation that they were not expecting. I believe they started phoning it to their VIP/wait listed ppl where I was the first person to say yes to.

Last edited by woobiee; 10-17-2022 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2022 | 11:15 PM
porschepath
Intermediate

Originally Posted by woobiee
That's if the dealer(s) you are working with have an ED/PEC allocation to give you, to my knowledge.

With my journey, my local dealer recved aei surprise ED allocation. I believe they started phoning it to their VIP/wait listed ppl where I was the first person to say yes to.
Hmm, so the individual dealerships get the ED allocations. I think what I read was something about selecting the ED or PEC when making your build and somehow it would be sent to all dealerships. If you elect to pick up your car at an experience center, you somehow don't have to deal with individual dealerships? Gosh, really wish I saved that post.
Old 10-18-2022 | 01:53 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Dealers don't get Euro delivery allocations.
Old 10-21-2022 | 12:09 PM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porschepath
I have found that I don't care which dealership I get my car from, I'll drive or ship it across the country, if I have to, to get a more timely allocation. I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that if I do ED or PEC, I can get an allocation from any dealership - does that sound right? If so, that takes a lot of the legwork out of emailing nearly 200 dealerships in the US. Does anyone know what I could have read about and can tell me more?
I'm not certain thats accurate, but maybe different in the US. I believe you have to start with the dealership.
Old 10-22-2022 | 08:17 PM
disden
Drifting

Any allocation can be an ED delivery, well except Taycan. Once get allocation contact ED department yourself and do the legwork arranging dates yourself, don’t rely on dealer. Also, once ED is completed the car gets shipped back to the original ordering dealer so keep that in mind as well.
Old 10-27-2022 | 03:55 AM
Seascape
6th Gear

fwiw, I spoke with PEC LA today, and they said it will add an additional 4 weeks in delivery time versus a Porsche dealership because demand is so high there.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (10-27-2022)
Old 10-29-2022 | 06:27 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

I don't know anything about ED, but I did PEC Atlanta last year and I'm doing it again this December. You have to get an allocation, and choose either PEC L.A. or PEC Atlanta on your build, and your car will be delivered there (cost depends on which Model & Trim you choose). Your SA needs to email them the proper paperwork, and then once your car is confirmed being on a ship from Germany the PEC people will email you and give you a list of open dates to choose from (be prepared because the sooner you pick the earlier the date you get). You pick your top 3 dates and in a day or so you'll be emailed again informing you which slot is yours. And yes, it does add a month to the process give or take a week or two. In my case I live in Florida but my Dealership is in Los Angeles (Porsche of Woodland Hills), so I have cars delivered to PEC Atlanta. You get to bring a guest and it's literally like Disney World for people who love Porsche. It's a 5-hour morning or afternoon session and you can go online and see all the activities for the day. Hope that helps.

Edit: you can either drive your car home or arrange, for an expense of course, to have it shipped home. Also, in my case, I handle the sales tax and registration on my end and this has to be done along with having proof of insurance to leave PEC with your car.

Last edited by Smirnoff67; 10-29-2022 at 06:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (10-29-2022)
Old 12-26-2022 | 10:21 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just did ED for a TTS. My dealer was Porsche Fresno. By making my allocation into an ED, the dealer will receive an extra allocation of that vehicle. I do not believe it is any expense to the dealership at all, rather a bonus car to sell

Quick Reply: Understanding ED/PEC allocation