Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

SALZBERG - SAFE OVERNIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 07:30 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SALZBERG - SAFE OVERNIGHT

Anyone have any info on where to stay in Salzburg Austria - Will have new GT3
Old 06-08-2022, 07:31 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about spelling -
Old 06-08-2022, 09:58 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 935 Likes on 299 Posts

We stayed at the Bloberger Hof when we did our BMW ED https://www.blobergerhof.at/en/

It was highly recommended by the BMW post guys, treating it almost like a requirement when EDing in Salzburg.

It was by far the best place we stayed at on our entire trip. It had the perfect blend of hospitality, comfort, safety, and culture. The people there were ace and the food offering is beyond what we expected.
The following users liked this post:
csLA (07-22-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 11:41 AM
Mockingbird812
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We will be stopping in Salzburg as well following our ED in Leipzig. Consider Air BnB as you can filter for private, off-street parking and can ask details on issues such as safety and entrance/exit impediments. Enjoy your GT3, Salzburg is a beautiful city!
Old 06-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Mockingbird812
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=Mockingbird812;18191892]/QUOTE]

We will be stopping in Salzburg as well following our ED in Leipzig. Consider Air BnB as you can filter for private, off-street parking and can ask details on issues such as safety and entrance/exit impediments. There are plenty to choose from at any price range. Enjoy your GT3, Salzburg is a beautiful city![
Old 06-16-2022, 04:34 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 739 Likes on 304 Posts

My wife and I just spent three days in Saltzburg- our car spent five. We parked in the center underground parking garage - see photo below. We stayed at the Hotel Bristol which was really nice. The parking garage is around the corner - called Congress Mirabel parking garage. The hotel gives you a coupon for a discount on parking.

Our problems started when the remote would not unlock the car. No response. Called porsche roadside assistance after I tried the emergency key and it just went around and around in the lock- so the driver’s door would not unlock.

AAA of Austria came out and they could not get the door opened and turns out they have never learned about a slimJim to open car doors —

this was a Friday and the car set in the garage until the next Tuesday - a three day Holiday of course. Finally Saltzburg Porsche sent another guy over to the garage to open the front hatch - took him from 11am to 5 pm to figure out how to open it from underneath with a screwdriver. By the 991’s have a secret pull wire behind the plastic front wheel well that you pulled the tire- remove the plastic front panel and pull it with a pair of pliers. But this was eliminated on the 992’s of course.

turned out when they got it back to the dealer that there is a battery management software fix that was not installed and this was the problem.

moral - ask about the battery management software fix and TEST your emergency key before leaving with your car.

can’t tow the car out of an underground garage it turns out either.

otherwise Saltzburg was very nice.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:22 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAsto992GT3
Anyone have any info on where to stay in Salzburg Austria.
I take it you have been there already, but this is for anyone else that plans to go to Salzburg...

Mostwastl at the edge of town with easy bus (#5) access to the city center. You really do not want to park your vehicle in town while visiting. I've stayed there at least 6 times so far. Other than locals and people staying at the hotel, it is in a no-traffic area and quiet. After 26 years of touring Europe, I have yet to have someone steal my BMW motorcycle.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:18 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 739 Likes on 304 Posts

I drove a 911 Cabriolet for 15 days all over Germany and Austria (rented the car from Porsche Drive) and we stayed at the Hotel Bristol which is in a square in the center of Salzburg. Great location- very nice four star hotel and very safe. The hotel gives you a discount coupon for the underground parking garage which is a five minute walk from the hotel’s front door.

had no issues with the garage or the hotel.

Quick Reply: SALZBERG - SAFE OVERNIGHT