Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 12:31 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,224 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally scheduled for late June, pushed back to late September. However suspect that will get cancelled too at this rate.
The following users liked this post:
Streetmasters (07-28-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 06:46 PM
herragge
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m scheduled for Sept 23 Leipzig for my GT4. I’m still planning on going; holding onto the dream as much as I can. It’s super important for me. Don’t know if I’ll get another opportunity in the near future as I’ll be starting a family. Anyone else still seriously considering making it happen and going and have a date around this time? Biggest problem for me is the mandatory 2 week quarantine upon return to Canada. I’m looking into seeing if I qualify for an exemption as I’m an essential worker as stated on public health Canada document. Will get a covid test upon return...
Old 08-16-2020, 07:07 PM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by herragge
I’m scheduled for Sept 23 Leipzig for my GT4. I’m still planning on going; holding onto the dream as much as I can. It’s super important for me. Don’t know if I’ll get another opportunity in the near future as I’ll be starting a family. Anyone else still seriously considering making it happen and going and have a date around this time? Biggest problem for me is the mandatory 2 week quarantine upon return to Canada. I’m looking into seeing if I qualify for an exemption as I’m an essential worker as stated on public health Canada document. Will get a covid test upon return...
September 22nd, Leipzig, Spyder, also from Canada and also the only thing that I think about the last couple years; life dream! Even refused allocation from local dealer because they wouldn't give me ED and dealt with dealer from across the country to make this happen. Massively anxious and crossing my fingers that covid doesn't get much worse and access to Europe stays the same for Canadians. The grandparents are willing to watch our little kids for the time we're going plus 2 week quarantine period so it's that big of a deal to me to make such a grand imposition...

Epic route I hope to do, pretty much as many mountain passes as I can fit in 16 days:
https://goo.gl/maps/ADomzrQaE1qpvKyy9
Old 08-17-2020, 01:42 AM
Streetmasters
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Decided to cancel my 9/24 GT4 ED. Will try again at a later date. Coming from the states was a hassle and didn’t want to push to the colder months.

Best of luck to those who are still going, be safe, and enjoy!

Cheers
Old 08-17-2020, 02:48 PM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Map link didn't work, here's what I'm hoping to check out:

Old 08-22-2020, 01:19 AM
Alan_S
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

Disappointingly, we cancelled our September 21 ED trip. Originally, this trip was for my wife to run the Berlin Marathon (her first international marathon), a celebration of my October 40th birthday and my first Porsche. Our dealer was kind enough to switch us to a PEC Atlanta delivery and we are waiting on dates in October. Will still be fun time as we plan to hit Tail of the Dragon on the way home.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:38 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Any links/websites with the latest updates on country-specific covid-related travel restrictions to/from Europe for US citizens?
Old 09-14-2020, 11:22 AM
MadCat
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://tripsguard.com

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status