Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 02:05 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status

Hi folks. I wanted to take a quick status survey on those of us with upcoming Euro Delivery. The latest delivery date that Porsche has cancelled (so far) that I have read about is mid May. I expect that my late June date will be cancelled, but it helps to know what is happening out there. So . . .

1. What is / was your Euro Delivery date?
2. Where?
3. Have you been cancelled / heard anything from Porsche?
4. If you have been cancelled - what options were proposed?
5 Anything else

Mine is

1. June 25
2. Leipzig.
3 & 4. I have heard nothing so far from Porsche (neither has my SA).
5. My "anything else" is that I sold my 997 a few weeks ago in anticipation of my new 992S - so I am "Porsche-less" right now (of course - no where to really drive . . .)

Above all - stay safe in these extraordinary times!

thanks!
Old 04-06-2020, 10:17 PM
RCinCAN
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. May 7 for a Macan S
  2. Leipzig
  3. Yes cancelled, a letter/email from Porsche Canada (not my SA) received April 6
  4. Reschedule for future date, subject to date availability and situation in Europe or delivery to home dealership
  5. Decided to have shipped to my home dealership
Old 04-07-2020, 11:00 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

June 30th Zuffenhausen for a GT4. So far no word yet. Anticipate will be cancelled, but who knows. Was planning to avoid humanity anyway on mountain passes for 2 weeks.
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
Darkalley36 (12-27-2020), SantaFePorsche (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Streetmasters
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1. June 25th
2. Leipzig
3. No cancellation
4. NA
5. Still holding onto my 997

No ED is a dealbreaker for me. Hoping to reschedule for Summer if provided the option but no later than mid September.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:49 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,494 Posts

1. June 5th
  2. Zuffenhausen
  3. Have exchanged emails with the PCNA ED team, they explained the options should it be cancelled. It hasn't yet but I expect it to be soon.
  4. Same options as everyone else, defer or home delivery
  5. ED is important to me, if the dates are available I'll reschedule but my car has locked and scheduled for production as they closed, and it's a MY2020 which I'd like to keep to avoid the particulate filters so.....not sure yet what I'll decide.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:01 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 203 Posts

1. 6/22
2. Leipzig
3. Have corresponded w PCNA and currently in a holding pattern until the end of April
4. N/a
5. We have an epic trip planned, as there are 3 of us picking up cars...my car has been completed since DECEMBER, and the other 2 cars were scheduled to be completed in May. We will see if that’s changed.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:21 AM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by Streetmasters
1. June 25th
2. Leipzig
3. No cancellation
4. NA
5. Still holding onto my 997

No ED is a dealbreaker for me. Hoping to reschedule for Summer if provided the option but no later than mid September.
June 25th - we would have been (well - possibly might be) there on the same day ...
The following users liked this post:
Streetmasters (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:24 AM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by aggie57
  1. June 5th
  2. Zuffenhausen
  3. Have exchanged emails with the PCNA ED team, they explained the options should it be cancelled. It hasn't yet but I expect it to be soon.
  4. Same options as everyone else, defer or home delivery
  5. ED is important to me, if the dates are available I'll reschedule but my car has locked and scheduled for production as they closed, and it's a MY2020 which I'd like to keep to avoid the particulate filters so.....not sure yet what I'll decide.
ED is very important to me also - I am thinking of rescheduling into Sept if that is where things end up. Much later and no mountain passes.

Bottom line - staying safe is what is most important.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (04-08-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 12:15 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

1. April 22
2. Zuffenhausen
3. Email from Porsche Canada March 17 saying it's been cancelled.
4. Offered to try and reschedule ED after June but was warned that there were VERY few English language delivery slots available.
5. Car was built in January, and Porsche was holding it. March 25 the Status of the car on the German factory site changed to ED cancelled. SA went in and looked today and there's no indication where the car is...could be at the factory still, or at Emden waiting to be loaded on a ship. SA says all cars that were on boats have been or will be delivered to destination ports shortly. Have advised that we now want the car delivered, but apparently there's no-one around to respond to or confirm requests/instructions. The factory is scheduled to re-open next week, but given what's happening in Germany with continuing COVID-19 infections and hugely compromised supply chains, I think that highly unlikely. I also think given the warning we got in March that English delivery slots were already scarce that very few people in North America will be getting a summer European pickup unless they're prepared to take delivery in French, Spanish, German or another EU-native language. Even then, I wouldn't be holding my breath; I think Porsche has been unrealistically optimistic around factory re-opening and getting back to anything close to business as usual in the next few weeks.

Last edited by gcurnew; 04-09-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:04 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gcurnew
I think Porsche has been unrealistically optimistic around factory re-opening and getting back to anything close to business as usual in the next few weeks.
I agree, it’ll take months to get complex production systems like this back to ‘normal’. Having said that I do think it’s remarkable how many segments of industry are keeping going and adjusting, some great work by a lot of people that needs to be better acknowledged.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:32 PM
MarkToff
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche
Hi folks. I wanted to take a quick status survey on those of us with upcoming Euro Delivery. The latest delivery date that Porsche has cancelled (so far) that I have read about is mid May. I expect that my late June date will be cancelled, but it helps to know what is happening out there. So . . .

1. What is / was your Euro Delivery date?
2. Where?
3. Have you been cancelled / heard anything from Porsche?
4. If you have been cancelled - what options were proposed?
5 Anything else
1. May 13
2. Zuffenhausen
3. Cancelled
4. Ship vehicle to dealer now or wait for an open date, maybe not until the fall.
5. I chose ship now. This was on April 3rd. Track My Dream currently shows my 992 on a truck to Emden. This was to be a 2 week first visit to Germany, and we are very disappointed it is not happening, but understand with the current situation.

Last edited by MarkToff; 04-09-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:22 PM
AtlantaBuckeye
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello all! My situation is a little different - when I put down my deposit in February, I asked for an ED date in early October. My SA sent me the form on which you confirm the dates, but my wife and I weren't in a hurry to plan everything 8 months in advance, and Porsche didn't seem to be worried about it either. My SA confirmed at one point that a day (Oct. 2, I think) was being held for me. Then, of course, came the COVID, and I was somewhat glad that we hadn't nailed down every detail because things are a hot mess right now, and conceivably could still be up in the air with respect to international travel when the planning and booking would have to take place over the summer. But on Tuesday, my SA called and said Porsche wanted an answer right away as to whether we wanted to keep the October date. He acknowledged that things are uncertain right now, but remained firm that Porsche wanted me to confirm the October date or (I guess) lose it. I am a little surprised that I am being asked to confirm European delivery on a given date in the future when Porsche is currently canceling EDs already on the books, and no one knows how long that will have to go on. Who at Porsche is in charge of ED at this point? Do you guys communicate with that person or someone else? I would like to talk to someone besides my SA about this.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:36 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AtlantaBuckeye
Hello all! My situation is a little different - when I put down my deposit in February, I asked for an ED date in early October. My SA sent me the form on which you confirm the dates, but my wife and I weren't in a hurry to plan everything 8 months in advance, and Porsche didn't seem to be worried about it either. My SA confirmed at one point that a day (Oct. 2, I think) was being held for me. Then, of course, came the COVID, and I was somewhat glad that we hadn't nailed down every detail because things are a hot mess right now, and conceivably could still be up in the air with respect to international travel when the planning and booking would have to take place over the summer. But on Tuesday, my SA called and said Porsche wanted an answer right away as to whether we wanted to keep the October date. He acknowledged that things are uncertain right now, but remained firm that Porsche wanted me to confirm the October date or (I guess) lose it. I am a little surprised that I am being asked to confirm European delivery on a given date in the future when Porsche is currently canceling EDs already on the books, and no one knows how long that will have to go on. Who at Porsche is in charge of ED at this point? Do you guys communicate with that person or someone else? I would like to talk to someone besides my SA about this.
Most likely they are rescheduling people with firm dates to later in the year, which is good to see.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:42 PM
AtlantaBuckeye
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Except that it’s too early to reschedule anything with any confidence about when international travel will be open and safe. I’m willing to commit to the date I already have so long as Porsche is willing to agree that it may have to be delayed due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control, but that is not the message I’m getting.

Originally Posted by aggie57
Most likely they are rescheduling people with firm dates to later in the year, which is good to see.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:27 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AtlantaBuckeye
Except that it’s too early to reschedule anything with any confidence about when international travel will be open and safe. I’m willing to commit to the date I already have so long as Porsche is willing to agree that it may have to be delayed due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control, but that is not the message I’m getting.
Agreed, it seems a long way out and my response was speculation on my part but as an example I had a June date confirmed in January, 6 months out, and now we're 6 months from October. Plus there are a lot of people who've had their dates cancelled. Once this thing does start to settle (whatever that looks like) I imagine there will be a rush on a bunch of services like this. But regardless, once it's locked in you'll receive an email directly from the PCNA ED team with their contact details and a bunch of information about the process.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status