Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 08:05 PM
MarkToff
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac992
Not sure this will help other than a timeline context. Had a late Feb build and picked up March 5th in Zuff. Dropped back to Zuff on March 13th (Cut trip short due to Trump's botched Euro travel ban speech) and can tell you car is still in Germany, not on a boat yet. My AS says Emden port open with active shipping. While the port is open, Porsche logistics group not opening until April 24th so inference is no loading until at least April 24th. Take this for what's it's worth. Best of luck to all your ED's
So that may explain why mine has been sitting on a transporter at a golf course halfway between Zuffenhausen and Emden for the last 2 weeks. Delivery to my dealer is listed as occurring in 59 days.

Last edited by MarkToff; 04-21-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:55 PM
Potomac992
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ED cancellation Refund

Guys,

For those of you who have or are having your ED cancelled, ask for your ED fee from your dealer. As many of you may or may not know, your dealer pays Porsche $3,000 US for you to go pick up via ED. Obviously that fee is embedding in your purchase price of your car. Given the ED cancellations, you should negotiate that $3,000 back as a credit towards your purchase. Just food for thought and good luck.

Old 04-27-2020, 04:40 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

My ED for June 29 is still on per Porsche. Will see, will still go if I can get a flight. I saw Ring opening again, so there is hope still for a fun trip. Will be interesting if some of the track days i registered for will still happen.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:53 AM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
My ED for June 29 is still on per Porsche. Will see, will still go if I can get a flight. I saw Ring opening again, so there is hope still for a fun trip. Will be interesting if some of the track days i registered for will still happen.
Disden - are you still on for your June 29 delivery at Zuff? My - now cancelled - Jun 25 delivery was Leipzig. I wonder if we are just on either side of the current cut off date - - - or if there is an additional factor related to the different locations.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:09 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche
Disden - are you still on for your June 29 delivery at Zuff? My - now cancelled - Jun 25 delivery was Leipzig. I wonder if we are just on either side of the current cut off date - - - or if there is an additional factor related to the different locations.
porsche emailed me yesterday and claimed it was still a go for June 29; the bigger issue will be if any flights available and if countries are allowing cross border traffic. Right now neither seems possible. Germany is supposedly telling people to cancel summer vacations as they want to continue to isolate awhile, as of today at least until June 14. so it’s only a matter of time i suspect before my ED gets cancelled sadly.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:54 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
porsche emailed me yesterday and claimed it was still a go for June 29; the bigger issue will be if any flights available and if countries are allowing cross border traffic. Right now neither seems possible. Germany is supposedly telling people to cancel summer vacations as they want to continue to isolate awhile, as of today at least until June 14. so it’s only a matter of time i suspect before my ED gets cancelled sadly.
I rescheduled with my dealer for a 2021 Euro Delivery - basically pushed things out a year. European Delivery is really important to me - I want to pick up the car and drive. So, it looks like I'll get to think about at least one new color (Shark Blue) and some new options!

I hope it works out for you, however you want to proceed.

Best of luck!
Old 04-30-2020, 04:43 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Today I cancelled my ED which was scheduled for June 5th. PCNA offered to reschedule to September however with all the uncertainty now extending well into the fall and beyond I decided to take the safe option and have the car shipped here.

Purpose of my post though is to say how accommodating and flexible both my contact at Porsche of Irvine and the European Delivery team at PCNA have been throughout. This was a dream holiday for me, we only live once but sadly it seems not to be. At least not this year - hopefully look out for a low miles manual 992 available in 12 months or so as I plan V2 .
The following users liked this post:
SantaFePorsche (05-02-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 02:52 PM
pw-sherman
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 48 Posts

I moved my 6/10 delivery date to 7/13, still not very optimistic it will happen at this point but we'll see.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Streetmasters
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was informed 3 days ago that my 6/25 date at Leipzig was a go. I decided it was too soon and moved it to 9/24 to be safe. Hoping it will be a little better then.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:22 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Track your dream for my car is now showing July 31st delivery in Irvine CA. Interesting for a while it was showing production completion May 29th but now it says May 22nd. All good.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:11 PM
Streetmasters
Intermediate

Wanted to bump this and see if anyone had success with a ED or has one scheduled soon.

Seems that most folks just had their vehicles shipped over and skipped the ED.

It’s a big deal for me and since most of the travel is driving and manageable I’m guessing it could still work for 9/24. I have a friend who just got back from Germany and he didn’t have a problem entering the country (he said).

Anyone else keeping their ED date?
Old 07-23-2020, 05:18 PM
pw-sherman
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetmasters
Wanted to bump this and see if anyone had success with a ED or has one scheduled soon.

Seems that most folks just had their vehicles shipped over and skipped the ED.

It’s a big deal for me and since most of the travel is driving and manageable I’m guessing it could still work for 9/24. I have a friend who just got back from Germany and he didn’t have a problem entering the country (he said).

Anyone else keeping their ED date?
My 7/13 date did not work out, since ED was very important to me as well I was able to cancel my order and have the dealer take the car instead. I will be re-ordering next year and doing euro delivery at that time.
Streetmasters (07-23-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 04:20 AM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally June, now October at Leipzig. Germany is currently open to Canadians, so hopefully that will still be the case in a couple months. ED means everything to me; dream car and dream trip. Dealer has offered to take my car as inventory if I can't do ED, and Porsche has offered to hold on to car even till spring, plus no cancellation charge if cannot do ED due to coronavirus restrictions.
Streetmasters (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 09:18 AM
Streetmasters
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goretexpretzels
Originally June, now October at Leipzig. Germany is currently open to Canadians, so hopefully that will still be the case in a couple months. ED means everything to me; dream car and dream trip. Dealer has offered to take my car as inventory if I can't do ED, and Porsche has offered to hold on to car even till spring, plus no cancellation charge if cannot do ED due to coronavirus restrictions.
Wow! Porsche Germany (ED folks in Atlanta*) offered to hold your car in Leipzig until Spring?!

If that’s the case Ill push out my date until spring too. I really do not want to do anything now and travel seems very stressful right now for Americans. UK mandatory 14 day quarantine and EU basically closed its doors.

With cases climbing all over it doesn’t seem likely this will work by Sept. I was going to book separate airfare to the UK and one ticket from UK to Berlin as a workaround which worked for my bud a few weeks ago. I’d rather not.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:06 PM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetmasters
Wow! Porsche Germany (ED folks in Atlanta*) offered to hold your car in Leipzig until Spring?!

If that’s the case Ill push out my date until spring too. I really do not want to do anything now and travel seems very stressful right now for Americans. UK mandatory 14 day quarantine and EU basically closed its doors.

With cases climbing all over it doesn’t seem likely this will work by Sept. I was going to book separate airfare to the UK and one ticket from UK to Berlin as a workaround which worked for my bud a few weeks ago. I’d rather not.
It wasn't a confirmed offer but yes when discussing my options of what to do if logistics don't work for getting to Germany, that was brought up, holding for extended time till even spring (as I said I wouldn't want to do delivery in winter). The biggest downside is having an almost 1 year old car when picking up, so getting a later allocation would be more ideal!
Streetmasters (07-26-2020)

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status