Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 03:46 PM
AtlantaBuckeye
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Understood. I hope you get to keep your June date, unless you decide you're not comfortable going then.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (04-10-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 01:57 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Well, Porsche just emailed me that my delivery scheduled for June 30th in Zuffenhausen is tentatively still on. With Germany in discussions about starting to roll back some restrictions I am not surprised. There is talk however about limiting gatherings still, so will be interesting if the track days i signed up for will still happen. If not, will just become a hermit in the Alps other then the occasional grocery/beer run!
aggie57 (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 04:59 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Well, Porsche just emailed me that my delivery scheduled for June 30th in Zuffenhausen is tentatively still on. With Germany in discussions about starting to roll back some restrictions I am not surprised. There is talk however about limiting gatherings still, so will be interesting if the track days i signed up for will still happen. If not, will just become a hermit in the Alps other then the occasional grocery/beer run!
I just got a request from PCNA to complete some paperwork still needed for my June 25 ED. They acknowledged that with the current global climate it is possible that things may change for my delivery.

Is your car built?

My Track Your Dream says that my car is now scheduled to start its build on June 19 - completed July 3.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:53 PM
540gone
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 76 Posts
Default ED update

Update from Porsche today: My car is still sitting in Zuffenhausen.

Background: My ED was scheduled for April 7. Car was finished Feb 28. ED was cancelled March 13 & Porsche NA e-mailed my SA confirming delivery would be made directly to the dealer & that my car should show up in the PVMS "by next week". It appeared in the system, but no motion of any sort was ever indicated. My SA was finally able to get someone in PCNA to confirm with Germany the status, as nothing in any of the Porsche information systems had been getting updated because Germany is essentially shutdown. He was also told nothing was happening in the entire "delivery system" (trucking, Emden port operations, etc.) due to Germany's Coronavirus restrictions.

Oh well, more time to spend buying "stuff" for it before it gets here. So far: Porsche OE indoor car cover, clear corner turn signals, spare set of windshield wipers, spare cabin filters, clear 3rd stop light, "Carrera" logo floor mats from Lloyds, proper color Porsche crest key ring. Holding off on 200 cell sport cats until I get a few miles on. In the mean time, the lift in my garage is empty.

One positive - I actually got my "ED information welcome package" the same day my delivery was cancelled. At least a souvenir from a delivery gone bad.

Last edited by 540gone; 04-14-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 04-14-2020, 06:42 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

I just got an email from SA - he forwarded an email he just received from PCNA. No real surprise, but my June 25 ED is cancelled. Offered a delay or delivery at my dealer.

i have to say my SA and the dealership have been super.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:15 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche
I just got an email from SA - he forwarded an email he just received from PCNA. No real surprise, but my June 25 ED is cancelled. Offered a delay or delivery at my dealer.

i have to say my SA and the dealership have been super.
Sorry to hear that. They were cutting it close to begin with based upon your scheduled build. My build is April, so assume that even if delayed 3 weeks it will still be possible for pick up by end of June. If not I will postpone Euro Delivery to whenever possible. I am in no hurry, this car will be a 2nd Track car option to my 19 3RS. ED is best part, already done this many times.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:12 AM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by disden
Sorry to hear that. They were cutting it close to begin with based upon your scheduled build. My build is April, so assume that even if delayed 3 weeks it will still be possible for pick up by end of June. If not I will postpone Euro Delivery to whenever possible. I am in no hurry, this car will be a 2nd Track car option to my 19 3RS. ED is best part, already done this many times.
Thanks - I hope your ED happens when “the time is right”

I’m trying to reschedule mine for a time that works for me. I’m really looking forward to spending about 6 weeks in Germany, but want to make sure we are past these crazy times. Hoping to push into 2021 - we’ll see.

Stay safe out there
Old 04-15-2020, 01:16 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Our car is built, and was sitting in a storage compound awaiting April 22 pickup. SA checked today and no status updates since March 25 when Porsche in Germany cancelled ED and the car was flagged for delivery. No option but to wait for the smoke to clear.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:22 AM
disden
Drifting

I tried to message Porsche Euro Delivery....Danielle no longer works there. Perhaps a bad omen? Is Porsche shutting down this department for awhile? As above mine is already scheduled for June 30 but looks less and less likely by the day.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:27 PM
pw-sherman
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 48 Posts

Mine is scheduled for 6/10, my SA seems pretty adamant that it will still happen. I need to have the car paid for by May 1st but I don't think we will have any concrete answers by then since the lockdowns are in effect until May 15th at the earliest. ED was the most important factor to ordering the car new for me and June/early July was the only time this year I could make it happen. I need to make a decision on whether to cancel the order or not.

I have been looking into potentially taking delivery of the car here in the US and then paying to have it shipped to Europe next summer for a trip, that could be cheaper than paying the cancellation fees.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:02 AM
540gone
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 76 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by pw-sherman
Mine is scheduled for 6/10, my SA seems pretty adamant that it will still happen. I need to have the car paid for by May 1st
With all due respect, if you are being told you need to pay nearly 6 weeks in advance, I think you need to question your dealer. My dealer normally asks for payment 4 weeks ahead, but when questioned, he said they just needed payment by the time they were invoiced for the car which is ~ 3 weeks prior to the scheduled delivery. I was planning to go to the dealer to make final payment 3 weeks ahead of my delivery, but received notice that the ED had been cancelled the day before.
It was re-assigned for delivery to my dealer here, but is still sitting in Zuffenhausen since all transport operations in Germany have been effectively shut down since around the same time of the plant closure. 2 bits of good news - I actually received my "ED info packet" and the $$ remains in my account rather than that of the dealer

Monetthecat (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 02:06 AM
pw-sherman
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 540gone
With all due respect, if you are being told you need to pay nearly 6 weeks in advance, I think you need to question your dealer. My dealer normally asks for payment 4 weeks ahead, but when questioned, he said they just needed payment by the time they were invoiced for the car which is ~ 3 weeks prior to the scheduled delivery. I was planning to go to the dealer to make final payment 3 weeks ahead of my delivery, but received notice that the ED had been cancelled the day before.
Thanks for the heads up, I will reach out to them tomorrow and see if we can do it at the 3-4 week mark. The SA I originally ordered the car with was let go last month and I have no relationship with the new SA so he could be overly cautious.

They also told me that for existing customers they do not need the VAT deposit for ED but since it's my first order they are requiring it. I would prefer that extra 30k to stay in my account; if my ED doesn't happen I guess they won't be needing that. That's the only bit of positive news I can think of right now on my end .
Old 04-20-2020, 09:33 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pw-sherman
I have been looking into potentially taking delivery of the car here in the US and then paying to have it shipped to Europe next summer for a trip, that could be cheaper than paying the cancellation fees.
I'm no expert on shipping a car to Europe, but a few years ago my father looked into shipping his CL65 to Germany for a month. Ignoring the cost ($1K each way) and time (2-3 weeks each way) the issues with importing a car from USA to Germany was proving difficult. The car needed to be registered and he gave up trying to talk to people from the Germany version of the DMV. Perhaps a 3rd party might be able to assist, but he ended up buying a new car and doing EU delivery.

You can rent a 911 from various rental agencies in Germany/Switzerland, but obviously it's not your car.
pw-sherman (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 07:06 PM
Potomac992
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emden Port Open - Not loading car's yet

Not sure this will help other than a timeline context. Had a late Feb build and picked up March 5th in Zuff. Dropped back to Zuff on March 13th (Cut trip short due to Trump's botched Euro travel ban speech) and can tell you car is still in Germany, not on a boat yet. My AS says Emden port open with active shipping. While the port is open, Porsche logistics group not opening until April 24th so inference is no loading until at least April 24th. Take this for what's it's worth. Best of luck to all your ED's
Old 04-21-2020, 07:43 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac992
Not sure this will help other than a timeline context. Had a late Feb build and picked up March 5th in Zuff. Dropped back to Zuff on March 13th (Cut trip short due to Trump's botched Euro travel ban speech) and can tell you car is still in Germany, not on a boat yet. My AS says Emden port open with active shipping. While the port is open, Porsche logistics group not opening until April 24th so inference is no loading until at least April 24th. Take this for what's it's worth. Best of luck to all your ED's
Thanks, that's good to know. Helpful.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery and COVID-19 - a survey on your status