Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED Trip Including Vienna?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 12:34 AM
AtlantaBuckeye
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts
Default ED Trip Including Vienna?

After driving my 2002 986 S for 18 years, I have put down a deposit on a 992 and am planning a European delivery vacation for early October. My wife and I are looking at various cities and sights around southern Germany and Bavaria that we want to incorporate into our approximately 2 week trip, and one issue that's come up is that I really want to include Vienna, but it *seems* far from the other locations we are interested in (Munich, Frankfort, Nuremberg, the Wurzberg/Romantic Road, possibly Baden-Baden), and this seems especially true if I want to drop off back at Sindelfingen. Has anyone done a tour that included Vienna? If so, do you mind sharing what you saw and where you dropped off? Thanks so much. I appreciate this community.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:30 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Last edited by user 83838290; 08-19-2020 at 04:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by user 83838290:
AtlantaBuckeye (03-12-2020), Monetthecat (07-05-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 10:23 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

Yup on the Sacher Tort.

The rest of the food in Germany and Austria was terrible. Hard bread, meat hanging all over the place in delis, weird soups and schnitzel, shoot I lost ten pounds. I am 50% German, you'd think I had an affinity for the food etc. Not. Great travel choices, and if you can make it to Salzberg, and Eagle's Nest, wonderful drive. No losing there...
The following users liked this post:
AtlantaBuckeye (03-12-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 11:31 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 414 Likes on 244 Posts

Vienna is beautiful. Schonbrunn Palace, as Lupo mentioned is a must-see. The Hofburg Palace and museum is right in the center of the old city and you can see the Lipizzaner Stallions if your wife is with you (I couldn’t care less but my wife thought the show was great).

I also recommend Melk Abbey, which you can see on a partial day trip by riverboat on the Danube. The town is picturesque, the abbey is beautiful and the boat trip is awesome—there is a medieval town with a castle ruin around every bend in the river.

Happy travels.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:11 AM
K.Zannos
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Yup on the Sacher Tort.

The rest of the food in Germany and Austria was terrible. Hard bread, meat hanging all over the place in delis, weird soups and schnitzel, shoot I lost ten pounds. I am 50% German, you'd think I had an affinity for the food etc. Not. Great travel choices, and if you can make it to Salzberg, and Eagle's Nest, wonderful drive. No losing there...
This is so very true. All of the food in Germany is very standard. So at least in this sense don't get your hopes too high!

To the OP...

Having visited Paris a few weeks back i can say that being a tourist during this COVID-19 period is actually a very nice thing.
No queues at the attractions, not too much crowded places so maybe visiting Vienna is a very good idea.

I don't know how low you are willing to go during your trip but certainly Firenze and Toscany (Italy) in general are very nice places to see and drive in.
Then you got the famous Stelvio pass which has endless possibilites depending on the direction you want to follow.
The Black Forest in Germany is also worth paying a visit.

As said to another topic here, if you find yourself in Belgium around Spa (which is the birthplace of all SPAs around the world and has the 2nd oldest casion on earth) drop me a PM. Maybe i could show you and the wife around. It is really a small but very beautiful place

Regards,
Konstantinos.

Quick Reply: ED Trip Including Vienna?