Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Mar 30th 992 S European Delivery at Zuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 01:00 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 297 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
Same here. I do hope you can do it, our delivery isn't till June 5th so we really don't need to make a decision until late April but we're watching the situation closely as well.
By then the situation should be more clearer and hopefully for the better. Good luck @aggie57 !

Right now I'm more than 50% leaning towards canceling, but we'll see.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:37 PM
Indkho
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aggie57: Hi, I'm targeting ED for June 4th-5th in Leipzig, but have not heard from the Atlanta ED Team. Have you received formal confirmation from them that you are locked in for delivery on the 5th? Just curious about their process.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:52 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Indkho
Aggie57: Hi, I'm targeting ED for June 4th-5th in Leipzig, but have not heard from the Atlanta ED Team. Have you received formal confirmation from them that you are locked in for delivery on the 5th? Just curious about their process.
Aggie57's timing might be different, but here was mine and the process:

- Late Nov - ordered my 992 and asked my dealer for a late March delivery.
- Early Jan - my dealer sent me the ED order and agreement form that I filled out and they forward to the ED team in Atlanta.
- Mid Jan - heard from Tierra (ED coordinator) of my ED confirmation so about 2.5 months from pickup date.
- Early Feb - my dealer forwarded me the below ED package from Atlanta.

My 992 entered the body shop on Feb 5th and built on Feb 11th.

Last edited by touringGT3; 02-29-2020 at 01:54 PM. Reason: body shop and build date
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (03-02-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 12:46 PM
touringGT3
Pro

With more new cases and fatalities related to corona virus reported this weekend, I HAVE NOW SENT MY CANCELLATION NOTICE TO THE EUROPEAN DELIVERY TEAM. Would hope to do the next best thing instead by switching to PEC Atlanta delivery.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:13 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by FOOD11E
Yup here is what I was thinking. I may just head north and east instead where the virus seems to be less present. March 26th -> stuttgart

To stay: @hotel from porsche https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187291-d233929-Reviews-Althoff_Hotel_Am_Schlossgarten-Stuttgart_Baden_Wurttemberg.html

To do: (Mercedes museum, visit the city)

To eat: TBD

- March 27th Day

Pick up cars @8am at Porsche Factory, Porsche museum tour, lunch at porsche, 3hr drive to Lucerne

To stay :

- https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g188064-d1160988-Reviews-Hotel_Schweizerhof_Luzern-Lucerne.html

- https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g188064-d232991-Reviews-Grand_Hotel_National-Lucerne.html

To eat: TBD

- March 28th

Drive 3hr45min to Innsbruck

- drive through: Timmelsjoch Pass may be closed will have to check / Klaussen pass

To stay / eat: Innsbruck - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g190445-d238224-Reviews-Weisses_Roessl_Hotel-Innsbruck_Tirol_Austrian_Alps.html not the greatest hotel but has amazing food

To do: Decent size austrian village on the edge of the alps, head up the mountain on gondola for cool views
Just saw this somehow.

Consider taking the Baden-Baden route via B500 on your way to Lucerne. This Black Forrest portion have race-track like roads and is supposed to be one of the most scenic drives in Germany. This could be the best driving portion of your ED given all mountain passes are closed at this time. My plan after pickup would have been to drive from the Porsche Museum to Freudenstadt then take B500 to Baden-Baden to stay the night. Then drive it again the opposite direction the next morning, taking B500 all the way to the Swiss border and then to Lucerne. Now that I cancelled my ED, I'm counting on you to experience this for me. Haha.

Also, Timmelsjoch Pass and Klaussen pass are most likely closed during your ED. One thing I found is, with Google maps when you enable Traffic, you'd be able to see these road closures as well as info on when these roads are scheduled to reopen. For Swiss mountain passes, you can check the schedule here. https://www.myswissalps.com/car/trafficinfo

FOOD11E (03-01-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

FOOD11E - One option outside Innsbruck for a hotel is the Interalpen (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...rian_Alps.html).

We stayed their following an Audi ED and a drive from Ingolstadt, DE and very car safe. In fact you enter the hotel below ground and your car is kept in an underground covered garage.
FOOD11E (03-01-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 01:32 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,907 Likes on 1,535 Posts

Originally Posted by Indkho
Yes, I have confirmation. 8am on the 5th at Stuttgart. Got it a few weeks back.
Indkho (03-02-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:16 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Quick update: From ED to PEC Atlanta and now to a local Porsche dealer delivery. PEC deliveries are now cancelled at least until April 16th so I was given (and confirmed) the option to have the car transported to my local dealer. Porsche was nice enough to offer a Mock Delivery at PEC Atlanta later on once things are back to normal so that's I might do later in the year.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:09 PM
FOOD11E
6th Gear

@macmac same here cancelled my ED. My coordinator form Porsche mentioned that he would ask for a Porsche Drive car be available for me at no charge for when things get back to normal.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:16 PM
touringGT3
Pro

@macmac same here cancelled my ED. My coordinator form Porsche mentioned that he would ask for a Porsche Drive car be available for me at no charge for when things get back to normal.
@FOOD11E Sorry to hear, but yea it's expected. I cancelled on 3/2 a week or so before everything went really bad so I didn't get that offer. How does Porsche Drive work and is that a US program?
Old 03-18-2020, 06:19 PM
FOOD11E
6th Gear

@macmac basically a rental program from the factory, available to anyone from my understanding. I didn't get official communication on this but I would suggest you push for it unless you are happy with the ATL experience.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:21 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I've used Porsche Drive before. In the EU they have locations in Germany, Switzerland and France. in 2018 I did a 3 day rental from Stuttgart and spent the time driving around Western Austria. Currently scheduled for a 10 day rental out of Zurich in September, but playing wait-and-see with that right now.

The program is easy. Pick a location, select the car (911, 718, Panamera, etc...) and the dates. No credit card needed and 10% discount for PCA members. They cannot guarantee a specific model (say, 992 C4S), but generally speaking the cars are well equipped. In 2018 I reserved a 991.2 GTS rear wheel drive Coupe, but was given a 991.2 C4S Cab.

Here is a link to the locations and to start a reservation

https://drive.porsche.com/en/directions-contact.html

Any other questions let me know.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:24 PM
touringGT3
Pro

@macmac basically a rental program from the factory, available to anyone from my understanding. I didn't get official communication on this but I would suggest you push for it unless you are happy with the ATL experience.
Got it. That's cool, though I think I'll just stick to a future Mock PEC delivery so I'd get to enjoy my own 992 sooner.

Originally Posted by Monetthecat
I've used Porsche Drive before. In the EU they have locations in Germany, Switzerland and France. in 2018 I did a 3 day rental from Stuttgart and spent the time driving around Western Austria. Currently scheduled for a 10 day rental out of Zurich in September, but playing wait-and-see with that right now.

The program is easy. Pick a location, select the car (911, 718, Panamera, etc...) and the dates. No credit card needed and 10% discount for PCA members. They cannot guarantee a specific model (say, 992 C4S), but generally speaking the cars are well equipped. In 2018 I reserved a 991.2 GTS rear wheel drive Coupe, but was given a 991.2 C4S Cab.

Here is a link to the locations and to start a reservation

https://drive.porsche.com/en/directions-contact.html

Any other questions let me know.
Thanks for the info @Monetthecat ! I might do that in a few years or try to attempt another ED when I get the itch for a new(er) car.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi fellow ‘Euro Delivery uncertain’ folks.

I am scheduled for a late June 992 pickup in Leipzig. No word yet - but clearly everything is up in the air.

I understand that people with March and April ED dates - have been cancelled. Any new info on what options the March / April people were offered? I’m especially curious if there is any new info on the possibility of US delivery combined with a later Porsche Drive in Germany.

thanks - and be safe everyone
Old 03-26-2020, 11:55 PM
540gone
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche
Hi fellow ‘Euro Delivery uncertain’ folks.

I am scheduled for a late June 992 pickup in Leipzig. No word yet - but clearly everything is up in the air.

I understand that people with March and April ED dates - have been cancelled. Any new info on what options the March / April people were offered? I’m especially curious if there is any new info on the possibility of US delivery combined with a later Porsche Drive in Germany.

thanks - and be safe everyone
I was scheduled for ED on April 7th which was cancelled. I received a letter from Porsche two weeks ago offering: 1) An offer to "attempt" an ED later in the year subject to scheduling availability; 2) To take delivery at either of the PECs here in the US in Atlanta or LA; or 3) To have the car delivered to the dealer here in the US. There was no mention of anything additional except an offer to arrange a factory tour at either Zuffenhausen or Leipzig at a later date.

The next day I decided to have the car sent to the dealer here & had my SA confirm those arrangements. As of today the PVMS has still not been updated to show any physical movement. My SA says nothing much is getting updated in the Porsche systems since everything in Germany is shut down.

I am in discussions with the dealer about getting the ~$3000 it would have cost them for me to do ED taken off the price, since that fee was an element of reaching my final agreed to price at the time of placing the order.

Your ID says Santa Fe, do you live there & did you buy your car from Porsche Albuquerque & did you deal with Richard Lovato? I had a home in SF for ~20 years & bought a couple of cars from him - always found him good to deal with.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: Mar 30th 992 S European Delivery at Zuff