Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

PEC LA Delivery but my car is going to Jacksonville?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 01:30 AM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts
Default PEC LA Delivery but my car is going to Jacksonville?

I'm probably just being irrational but please help me understand what's going on:

- I'm taking PEC LA delivery. I would assume this means the car would ship into San Diego
- Right now my car is in-production (V260) but the dealer interface shows "Entry Port Jacksonville"
- I'm ordering from an East Coast dealer, even though I'm taking LA delivery, if that makes a difference.

My question is whether the interface is just showing default info an will update once the car actually progresses and port will change to San Diego? Or does the car still get shipped to Jacksonville and then transported to PEC LA? That doesn't sound very efficient when the port of San Diego is a direct trip.

If anyone could enlighten me on the shipping logistics/implications here I would appreciate it.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:50 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

I purchased my car from Austin, Tx and car was delivered to the port of Houston, then trucked to LA for my PEC experience. Great time!!!
Old 09-28-2018, 12:55 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Originally Posted by porshanut
I purchased my car from Austin, Tx and car was delivered to the port of Houston, then trucked to LA for my PEC experience. Great time!!!
How long did it take from delivery at Houston until it arrived at LA PEC?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:07 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Pec LA deliveries ship to Benecia not San Diego is what I was told. Weird, I know.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:11 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Originally Posted by silvertige
Pec LA deliveries ship to Benecia not San Diego is what I was told. Weird, I know.
Well my car is still getting unloaded in Jacksonville...even Benecia would have made a helluva lot more sense. I'm starting to wonder if the dealer flubbed this a bit based on some other info I uncovered about late paperwork.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:14 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Yeah, that really makes no sense. Sounds like the dealer messed up big time.

Quick Reply: PEC LA Delivery but my car is going to Jacksonville?