Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

PEC Delivery questions: Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:01 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts
Default PEC Delivery questions: Is this normal?

My car just arrived at port yet I still I don't have a confirmed PEC date so I'm getting anxious and called the PEC. They were a bit perplexed that my dealer waited so long to submit the paperwork and now they don't have open dates until 11/20...so I'm waiting 1.5 more months for a car that's now on the ground...not happy to say the least.

PEC said they received my paperwork from the dealer "late" since the dealer only sent it over last week. The dealer seems to think this is standard timing (send when the car is en-route from factory) but PEC said they could have submitted it earlier. Based on everyone's experience, when did your dealer submit your paperwork?

Also, the dealer had me pay for the car now since it's on the ground which I had no problem with. But considering I won't even be taking delivery for 1.5 more months how would you handle? Am I wrong to be a bit upset about paying for a car I won't even posses for over a month? I'm thinking of asking the dealer to cover a month's worth of payment but curious to get reactions.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:13 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

I paid for mine in full, 1 month before. Which did seem a little odd but, that does seem to be the way its done for Pec LA deliveries. Also, I probably wouldn't get too upset with your dealer. PEC LA just started deliveries this year, and they only do 1 per day, 4-5 X per week. Not sure how experienced your dealer is in dealing with them.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:16 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Just read your other response to your other thread. You could always just have them ship to you directly instead?

Quick Reply: PEC Delivery questions: Is this normal?