Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

mid-late October delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:21 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts
Default mid-late October delivery

I am trying to do the Zuffenhausen ED for my GT3RS and Porsche "estimates" it will be the middle to end of October.
How is the weather in Germany, Switzerland (especially the mountain passes) Northern Italy at that time of year?
I don't want to do it if the Stelvio, Cortina, etc...if it is snowing or roads are closed obviously. Also if i opt for winter tires I have to return the car to Stuttgart , but my plan was Nice.

I am just not familiar with weather that time of year in the Alps...

thanks
Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

It can turn from t-shirt weather to snowing in about 30min and I'm mot joking. BTDT. You will have to use winter tires by then IMO.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
It can turn from t-shirt weather to snowing in about 30min and I'm mot joking. BTDT. You will have to use winter tires by then IMO.

I definitely thought of having winter tires put on, but then the paperwork said it has to go back to Leipzig to switch to summer tires.

I am planning on ending/shipping from Nice and don't want to drive back up to Germany for tires.

can i do this, and if so, can I get the dealer to put on the Cup 2's back in the USA (hopefully Porsche picks up the tab for the tires since they call the winter tires "complimentary")?

Quick Reply: mid-late October delivery