Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Combining ED with full blown paint correction and protection

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 08:20 PM
renault4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Combining ED with full blown paint correction and protection

A lot of what i see in this forum is experience with local outfits near zuffenhausen or Leipzig who will do a partial film install within 24 hrs.

Looking at assorted PPF installation videos from Topaz, Signature, etc., it looks like, even for a car straight off the factory floor, it can take of the order of 5 days to execute full decontamination, clean, correction and film protection.

Has as anyone here been able to factor this kind and level of treatment into their European Delivery?
Old 08-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not so many shops offer this, one I hear very good things of is https://www.tiefenglanz.info/
Old 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM
renault4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the high end PPF installers can take care of collecting and returning a car, most often from a dealer. Or, I imagine I could contract with a good auto transport company. Of course, I'll talk with the PCNA folk, to see if they would be willing to allow this to happen pre-delivery. However if this cant be done, I guess my next option would be to just drive the car after collection to a PC/PPF shop--even if I just brought it over to, say, Topaz in south London, at least I'd get the some of the run-in miles behind me!

Quick Reply: Combining ED with full blown paint correction and protection