Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery Drop-off locations.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 03:01 PM
ry7777
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question European Delivery Drop-off locations.

Im thinking about trying the European Delivery option. Sounds like an awesome experience.
Does anyone know where the drop off locations around Europe are? I see references to there being 15 or 17 different locations, but nothing specific..

Does anyone have the cost details associated with this option as well? Gotta still consider the wallet amiright!
Old 05-23-2018, 07:22 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsan...ide/returning/
Old 05-23-2018, 08:00 PM
dpdapper
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From February 2018.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:45 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dpdapper
From February 2018.
So, is it true that all drop-off locations are third party vendors? Is this also the case with Leipzig drop-off or does it go through the usual/official Porsche channels via Leipzig? My SA said he's seen cars come over damaged during transit with ED so wondering if any advantage to dropping off at Leipzig vs anywhere else.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:06 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

When I did ED back in 2017 (Leipzig), I had the option of dropping at Stuttgart or Leipzig at no charge or choosing from several locations in Europe (at an additional cost).

I was flying out of Frankfurt so it was worth it for me to drop it there. It was a third party shipper called BLG Logistics, it was kind of weird though to drop off my car and had over the keys to a stranger, but they were professional and curious. I had no problems with damage and the car arrived safe and sound. It took exactly 8 weeks to get it back to me (I'm on the Westcoast, Vancouver).

I must say that if you have the opportunity to do ED, it is 100% worth it, the experience and memories will last a lifetime.

To the OP: There is no extra cost to you for ED, Porsche actually charges the dealer extra. This makes negotiation harder, but you need to find a dealer that has experience doing this as there are many little details that need to be sorted along the way.

Quick Reply: European Delivery Drop-off locations.