Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Drop off in Paris and car wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 06:55 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Drop off in Paris and car wash

Anyone have any experience dropping off at the Paris site (TT Car Transit)?
Also, any recommended places to wash car beforehand?
Old 05-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Viperguy324
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

No idea, but I did run into a couple that was at the ring with red plates and when I asked how their Europe experience was going they mentioned that they had a bottle thrown threw their rear hatch in Paris... I live next to the Border and Will never drive a nice car into Paris...
Old 05-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Few years ago we did Euro Delivery on an Audi A7 and while waiting at the delivery center we struck up a conversation with a family also from the US doing delivery of an A8. They were driving from Ingolstadt to Paris that same day (8+ hours).

After we got back home I reached out to them to share experiences and the first line of his email back to me was "Never go to Paris in your brand new $100K car!". They couldn't find secure parking at or near the hotel, driving in Paris was horrible (and they were from Boston) and it took 12 weeks to get the car back to Boston. Fortunately no damage, but needed a very pricey detail job to remove all the scuff marks on the paint.

Quick Reply: Drop off in Paris and car wash