Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Planning on Keeping Your Porsche in Europe Longer Than 90 Days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:48 AM
dpdapper
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Planning on Keeping Your Porsche in Europe Longer Than 90 Days?

So in my continuing quest to pick up a Cayman S in Leipzig this June, after confirming a delivery date, AND confirming that as long as the vehicle is exported within 6 months from delivery it will not be subject to VAT even if it has more than 6,000 km AND having arranged to procure my own insurance while in Europe, I’ve been told that Germany will no longer issue license plates valid on non-European spec cars (such as those conforming to US standards) for longer than 90 days. Here’s what I was told by Porsche USA:

“the 90 days limit has nothing to do with the VAT or insurance topic. The maximum period of 90 days is caused by new regulations for the registration of non-european cars in Germany. We [Porsche AG] arranged a special agreement with the registration office to register US cars with US specifications (sidemarkers, taillights, etc.) in Germany. This agreement allows us to register US vehicles for no more than 90 days. This is the reason why we can’t provide more than 90 days of registration.”

I’m looking into whether I can register the car in France under their “TT” regime for cars purchased by non-EU residents for export. Any one have any other suggestions?

Quick Reply: Planning on Keeping Your Porsche in Europe Longer Than 90 Days?