Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Honeymoon in Germany

Old 02-26-2018, 12:45 PM
ThePhanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Honeymoon in Germany

Hello everyone. I'm going to Germany in September for about 2 weeks for my honeymoon and will definitely be stopping in Stuttgart.

Just wanted some input for other things Porsche fanatics like myself recommend doing. My fiancé speaks pretty decent German (she lived there for about a year). We're planning to visit the museum and schedule a factory tour. We are also interested in trying out a day trip with Passo Tourismo, where you can rent a G-body + G50 Carrera for a day trip to see the German alps.

Also, does anyone know if you can schedule a guided tour of the museum for 2? It says "Group Tours" and I'm not sure how many qualify.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

I think you can rent a MP3 player and headphones for guiding - not sure if that helps...
Old 02-26-2018, 02:37 PM
ThePhanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I think you can rent a MP3 player and headphones for guiding - not sure if that helps...
That would be good if we can't get a guided tour together.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:50 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You also can rent a Porsche for an hour or days and enjoy the best that Germany has to offer

https://drive.porsche.com/en/start.html
Old 03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
osunik
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I travel I usually hire not just a guide, but a local personal travel assistant here: MeetnGreetMe.
It is much more than usual guides do – and this services are highly personalized, authentic and timesaving. And what is a thing of a huge importance to me – they are affordable!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:22 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

I would also check out Rothenburg.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:55 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Well,
if you`re interesseted in real joy driving alpin roads in the alps, you should go to the dolomites to the north of italy (200km south of the german alps). I have lived more than ten years in munich and was quite often in the alps.. there is not much "room" for driving fast (i guess, you guys name it spirit drving), because it is so crowded in the german part of the alps.

You should do some days in this hotel (http://www.hotel-defereggental.com/d...SAAEgLNIvD_BwE), there is a day porsche included.
Before going to rothenburg (crowed with tourists) you should go to heidelberg (not that far from stuttgart). You can also go the Hockenheimring (not that far away from Stuttgart) and you could go to the area of elsass, just behind the border to france (in france) not that far away from stuttgart. Good wine, perfect roads...

In the end of september, you can also go to munich to the oktoberfest... With the train just 2h from stuttgart to munich..

have fun...

The ring is also not that far away (250km) from stuttgart. You could visit a VLN (vln.de) endurance race saturday moring/afternoon.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:58 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

in the suburbia of stuttgart, you can find http://dlsautomobile.de/. He has always quite fancy stuff on stock.

Mercedes museum in Stuttgart is also fine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honeymoon in Germany