Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED, model year timing and depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default ED, model year timing and depreciation

Hi all.

i did my first ED in the fall of 2013 when picking up my 2014 991.1. Had the time of my life and i’d been itching to do it again.

So 4+ years since, I have an opportunity to get a Panny ST with a late-April assembly and mid-June delivery here at the dealer. I want to do ED again, but the timing is all wrong. Soonest I can go pick it up in Stuttgart or Leipzig is mid-June. Drive it for a couple of weeks and it’s beginning of July when I hand it back to them. Put it on the boat, and i’ll be picking my 2018 ST in mid-August when the 2019s will be around the corner... and of course, when you pay pretty close to full price near the end of the model year, your depreciation will be that much steeper.

i guess I could delay the timeline several months and just order a 2019 for fall delivery, like I did for my 991, but you know kids want their toys, lol.

So I guess I’m not looking for any answers, since I’ve kinda hashed the situation out and it is what it is. But I am looking for thoughts and opinions from people that faced similar timing with their ED.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:15 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

I've done two EDs and timed the pickup so that I could get the next Model Year (MY). Here is what my timing looked like:

2014 Boxster S ordered March 23rd 2013. It was built in early June and I picked it up July 9th.
2018 Carrera 4 ordered April 1st 2017. It was built at the end of June and I picked it up July 6th.

It's worth avoiding the extra year of depreciation.

Quick Reply: ED, model year timing and depreciation