Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Trip to Berlin and Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Trip to Berlin and Stuttgart

Heading out Dec 14-25th...doubtful I will be able to go to the ring, but I am set to go to the Porsche Factory as my friends cousin works for Porsche. Apparently, I will be touring the classic factory restoration portion as well. I will be visit Classic Remise as well, I am excited, any must see recommendations?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 12-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Avoid stuttgart town centre, there are no germans anywhere but full of I guess refugee muslims, burqas and stuff like that, annoying street sellers that will follow you etc. At least that was the status in may. Factory and museum are top notch though. Don't miss Mercedes museum it's also very nice.

Last edited by Voith; 12-05-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:11 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Another note on the street sellers: some will have people come up to you and "give" you a flower or other small item, only later to come back and demand you pay some absurd sum for the item otherwise they will go to the Polizei (police) and claim you stole it. The solution? Simply don't take the item.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 AM
sholzer
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I was just there in Oct and you'll enjoy the factory tour for sure. I didn't get a chance to check out the MB museum, but as others have said, I've heard it really nice (most say nicer than the Porsche Museum). Walking around Stuttgart, I was mostly around Konigstrase which is great if you like to shop, wasn't too bad with street vendors or pick pockets when I was there, at least not compared to the tourist cities in Italy.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stuttgart inner city / high street is just fine, but nothing to see, Berlin much more of interest. So best do the Porsche museum and the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart and then go to Berlin. Or even better, go to Dresden (much nicer than Berlin) or stop by Rothenburg ob der Tauber (medieval town, Americans typically love it). Don’t miss the Christmas markets.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks for all the input gentleman, flying out tomorrow. Sounds like I will need to check out MB. I'm excited to leave work behind for a little while!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:02 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
Thanks for all the input gentleman, flying out tomorrow. Sounds like I will need to check out MB. I'm excited to leave work behind for a little while!
Enjoy your trip!

Quick Reply: Trip to Berlin and Stuttgart