Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European delivery allocation process

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 11:29 PM
hptom
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default European delivery allocation process

I configured and ordered a gt3 with euro delivery. Now im
thinking how are euro delivery slots allocated to dealers? Is it first come first serve? Does it matter which car is being delivered? Is it possible my dealer won’t get one this year or for the GT3 model?
Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by hptom
I configured and ordered a gt3 with euro delivery. Now im
thinking how are euro delivery slots allocated to dealers? Is it first come first serve? Does it matter which car is being delivered? Is it possible my dealer won’t get one this year or for the GT3 model?
I've done 2 EDs in the past four years. I made a video on the program. Let me know if you have any questions after watching.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:02 PM
hptom
Track Day

I watched the video and it shows some cool driving but my questions are about how Porsche decides which dealers get to offer the opportunity to sell a euro delivery. There must be some allocation process. In my case with a GT3 which is a hard to get car how can i be
sure if i wait i will eventually get to pickup the car in Europe?
Old 11-18-2017, 03:12 PM
hptom
Track Day

I saw the second video. Probably the one you intended me to see the first time. Very helpful thank you. I have a few more specific questions now that I’ve watched it.

1. GT3 is a hard to get car. I have it configured but the dealer doesn’t have an allocation yet for my order. Do you recommend calling Porsche of NA to let them know i am interested in taking euro delivery?

2. Do you think I’m at a disadvantage for getting an allocation based on wanting a euro delivery?

3. Any other specific recommendations?

thanks

ps. You mentioned you are east coast. I am
in Boston
Old 11-18-2017, 03:39 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

There really is no such thing as a European Delivery allocation. It is not like limited car allocations that are distributed between dealers across North America. It's an option like any other option. Porsche does not decide to give a ED to one dealer over another. It's more analogous to a hotel reservation. If the dates are full, you wont get your date (regardless of which computer you are ordering from). You may just have to shift your dates. Your ability to get a ED date with a GT3 is no different than a guy getting a ED date for a Base Macan. First come, first serve. (There may be favors for some....but I have no direct knowledge)

There is no disadvantage to contacting PCNA ED department directly to start discussing dates. I would do that. Their staff is fantastic and they will work to accommodate you as best they can.

As far as being at a disadvantage with a dealership? Yes you are. If there are two GT3 buyers and only one GT3 allocation, then the dealer has incentive to sell to the non ED buyer. It gives him $3000 more profit. But the profit margins on GT3s are pretty good for the dealership anyway and relationships matter. If you have a good relationship with the dealer, then the likelyhood that they will work with you are greater.

991.2 GT3 allocations are flowing well - much better than .1 GT3s. Porsche has opened up the flood gates. You wont have a problem getting one if you want one.

The only other recommendation I have is to work with multiple dealers to get the allocation. It's hard for PCNA to schedule a date for you if you don't even have an allocation yet. They can pencil you in perhaps.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:10 PM
hptom
Track Day

Is there a specific email or phone number for the ED?
Old 11-19-2017, 08:52 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hptom
Is there a specific email or phone number for the ED?
I PM'd you the contact information. The email address used to be on the Porsche Configurator but since the ED option has been removed temporarily, it is not there any more.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Great news on the GT3 allocations being relaxed just PMd you for the ED contact info.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Flash7205
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No Euro Delivery for GT3?

I know there has been this back and forth with Porsche and other European manufactures regarding the Euro Delivery, but I heard some news that I don't believe and want to know if anyone else heard this. I am in the process of purchasing the GT3 and I told the salesman at the dealership that I was interested in the European Delivery. He told me that he was going to check to see if it was still available. I got an email from him the next day confirming that the European Delivery is back on, but not all cars have this option. He stated that "specialty vehicles" such as the GT3 is not available for the European Delivery.

Has anyone else had this problem or is aware of it. I find it hard to believe so if there is any information that you guys know please respond. Is this coming from the Porsche factory or is this decision made by the dealership?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:59 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flash7205
I know there has been this back and forth with Porsche and other European manufactures regarding the Euro Delivery, but I heard some news that I don't believe and want to know if anyone else heard this. I am in the process of purchasing the GT3 and I told the salesman at the dealership that I was interested in the European Delivery. He told me that he was going to check to see if it was still available. I got an email from him the next day confirming that the European Delivery is back on, but not all cars have this option. He stated that "specialty vehicles" such as the GT3 is not available for the European Delivery.

Has anyone else had this problem or is aware of it. I find it hard to believe so if there is any information that you guys know please respond. Is this coming from the Porsche factory or is this decision made by the dealership?
Your dealership is full of crap and you should inform PCNA of his comments. First, the GT3 is not a specialty car; it's part of the normal lineup. A speedster, the 911R, 911/50 are specialty cars. Second, even the "specialty cars" have ED (at least some of them). Third, the GT3 is available for ED based on PCNA's own Web site - the configurator, Fourth, MANY renlisters have done ED deliveries with a GT3 or a GT3RS.

Your dealer doesn't want to pay the $3000 fee to PCNA so he is feeding you a line of BS. That is what is going on. Find another dealer, call his manager and PCNA and report his comments. I'd also like to know who the dealership is.

Last edited by subshooter; 12-15-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Flash7205
AutoX

Thanks for your input! Yeah I know they are full of it. You would think of the mark up they are already trying to get me at the extra $3k for the ED would be an afterthought. I'm going to look at another dealership and look to get an allocation elsewhere.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,242 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash7205

its crap - I'm doing ED next May of GT3.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Flash7205
AutoX

Yeah I spoke with another dealer in the area that will offer the Euro Delivery. Its a blessing and the end of the day. The original dealer that was full of it was trying to get $35k ADM as well!

I'm currently working with the new dealer on my GT3. Enjoy your trip out in Europe!

Quick Reply: European delivery allocation process