Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Insurance Alternatives for Extended Stay

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 04:15 PM
dpdapper
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
It’s a Porsche thing because others are still doing the usual 6 months as it’s allowed since the 1950’s.
Yeah, that seemed to be the case when I was ordering my car, too, at least according to the other mfrs. websites. But doesn’t make any sense that Porsche would want to limit European usage to less than the six months allowed to avoid VAT.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

On Behalf Of Delivery, European, AMERICAS (PCNA)
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 2:54 PM
To: Peter@trakcar.com

Subject: RE: Euro delivery

I hope that all is well! We are only instructed to inform customers that you have the full right in arranging registration and insurance beyond the 3 months that we offer. From the information that we have been updated on, no other European brands offer anything beyond 3 months of coverage, either. You are correct – according to German law, your vehicle will definitely be able to be driven in Germany for up to 6 months, but is left to the responsibility of the customer as we are restricted to surpass the 90-day period of coverage. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused and hope that this information helps in guiding you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Best Regards,
European Delivery Coordinator
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
phone: 770.290.3500
email: European.Delivery@porsche.us

That's a very polite "take-a-hike" e-mail.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:04 PM
dpdapper
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
That's a very polite "take-a-hike" e-mail.
Indeed. The problem is that to register your car beyond the 90 days requires a certificate of conformity to EU standards (at least in France), which you can’t get if your car meets US specs.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:41 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Yes, as soon as you posted and ED confirmed that they won’t register the car for more then 3 months it was Game Over.

Quick Reply: Insurance Alternatives for Extended Stay