Notices

Philly Members?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021 | 04:11 PM
Faster48
Advanced

Originally Posted by captainslow21
Pottstown Nights Car Show? Haven't been to that one before. Do they usually draw a good group?
this one def will. We’ll have all the Porsches and various exotics and sports cars parked together at center of the show. Lots of the Chester Springs crowd coming out
The following users liked this post:
PhillyNate (06-03-2021)
Old 06-04-2021 | 03:06 PM
captainslow21
Advanced

Originally Posted by Faster48
this one def will. We’ll have all the Porsches and various exotics and sports cars parked together at center of the show. Lots of the Chester Springs crowd coming out
Cool, is there any kind of "registration" or cool to just show up? Some groups seem more particular about that stuff than others.
Old 06-04-2021 | 03:38 PM
Kevin8tor
Racer

For what it's worth I'll mention two other events:

There's a very Porsche-centric C&C at the Northbrook Marketplace @ 1805 Unionville Wawaset Rd. in West Chester on Saturday mornings.

Also, PCA Riesentoter Region is holding a new member breakfast in Allentown on Sunday the 6th - Invites were presumably sent to any new members & requires an RSVP

Kevin M.
2011 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
Old 06-04-2021 | 04:36 PM
captainslow21
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
For what it's worth I'll mention two other events:

There's a very Porsche-centric C&C at the Northbrook Marketplace @ 1805 Unionville Wawaset Rd. in West Chester on Saturday mornings.

Also, PCA Riesentoter Region is holding a new member breakfast in Allentown on Sunday the 6th - Invites were presumably sent to any new members & requires an RSVP

Kevin M.
2011 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
Thanks for the heads up - surely there's some kind of master calendar out there or aggregator of these events... ? maybe a business oppty for someone, sell some sponsorship to make a few $ for the effort.
Old 06-04-2021 | 04:41 PM
Faster48
Advanced

Originally Posted by captainslow21
Cool, is there any kind of "registration" or cool to just show up? Some groups seem more particular about that stuff than others.
nope just show up. Free and open
Old 06-04-2021 | 04:53 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Anyone heading down to the CF Charities event at Wells Fargo this Sunday?

Heard some rumors of a possible rendezvous in KOP before we run down to the stadium! Look forward to seeing you all there.

captainslow21 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-04-2021 | 05:29 PM
NI3
Racer

Any details about the KOP meet?
Old 06-05-2021 | 07:49 AM
begeistert996
Advanced

Hello Philly & CEPA members. I'm looking for recommendations for a quality detail shop. I work at a dealership on the Main line, and recently had my wife's Abarth detailed at our "in house" detail shop. The work was "acceptable" (on par with what I can do myself); I wouldn't call it great. The interior mirror had smudges, the body colored dash face still had "product" residue/streaking on it. I found a French fry under the seat, there's a cloudy residue left on the outside mirrors, and the door jabs weren't touched. Also whatever the tire dresding they used is now all over the side of my vehicle.
Basically I'm looking for a place that won't overlook details like these. I'm looking for a place that I can trust with my 996 and a place that knows what they're doing.
I'm local to Ardmore, but I spend a lot of time in Lancaster Co. as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by begeistert996; 06-05-2021 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2021 | 09:52 AM
Typerbob
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by begeistert996
Hello Philly & CEPA members. I'm looking for recommendations for a quality detail shop. I work at a dealership on the Main line, and recently had my wife's Abarth detailed at our "in house" detail shop. The work was "acceptable" (on par with what I can do myself); I wouldn't call it great. The interior mirror had smudges, the body colored dash face still had "product" residue/streaking on it. I found a French fry under the seat, there's a cloudy residue left on the outside mirrors, and the door jabs weren't touched. Also whatever the tire dresding they used is now all over the side of my vehicle.
Basically I'm looking for a place that won't overlook details like these. I'm looking for a place that I can trust with my 996 and a place that knows what they're doing.
I'm local to Ardmore, but I spend a lot of time in Lancaster Co. as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Menards in Bucks County. It’s worth the trip across town. https://menardpremiumdetailing.com
Old 06-05-2021 | 10:15 AM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by begeistert996
There's only one place in the area that I'd go to. The work they do is next level.
https://museodetail.com/

They detail multi-million dollar concur cars. The photos that they show are WAY undercutting what they actually work on. Drew Coblitz takes his Singer 911s and other exotics there too.
You can get a better sense of what they work on via their IG feel @museo.detail

When I was at Modern Elix for my PPF (they're in the same building), there were cars there that made my head spin! R8-V10, Murcielago GT, 550 Barchetta, 575 SuperAmerica and a Lamborghini Diablo Evolution GTR!
Old 06-06-2021 | 09:45 AM
scoobasteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Typerbob
Menards in Bucks County. It’s worth the trip across town. https://menardpremiumdetailing.com
+1. Menard's is outstanding. Just got my car back after level 2 paint correction and ceramic coat - I could not be more pleased! The ABM looks fantastic. I will post pics later this week, but Menard would definitely be worth the drive IMO.
Old 06-06-2021 | 10:15 AM
captainslow21
Advanced

Originally Posted by Faster48
Thanks again for the heads up on the Pottstown event. I ended up here around 7 or so after dinner and saw an incredible variety of cars, trucks, hot rods, you name it. Here are a few that stood out. I also saw what I think is the same maritime blue GT3 parked up at a fabspeed event last year. A huge event and would recommend anyone check this out next time around. Lots of american cars and some bikes as well.

Old 06-07-2021 | 08:56 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

It looks like I made a new friend at the local target tonight. It is cool coming out of a store and getting a bit of P-car comraderie.

The local Reisentoter chapter of the PCA has some fun sounding events coming up:There is limited availability on most of these events...so act now and join the summer fun.

Jun 9 JUN 12 JUN 18 Jun 27 Jul 7 Jul 10 Jul 31
Join us for our first Happy Hour - FINALLY - McKenzie Brew House in Malvern...they have a nice outside patio. No need to RSVP - as always just show up and Dutch Treat 5:30- ? 240 Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355
Come join us again this year at the Valley Forge Fire House Grove for another GREAT RTR Family Drive-In Movie starting at 7pm. We will have a hot dog cart (Regular and veggie dogs!) and a french fry cart, as well as soft drinks, water, and cash bar....oh and of course POPCORN. Cost is $10.00 per person. All children under 12 are FREE. Food will be available from 6:30-9:30pm. We will start off with cartoons at 8pm followed by our feature presentation of, Talladega Nights on the 21 foot screen. Plan on bringing chairs or a blanket for the movie if you are not planning on watching it from your car! Hope you can join us! Register Here
A close to home Driver's Education at NJMP Lightning, Millville, NJ Register Here
This is always a special treat for the Porsche Club - a private gathering/breakfast at The Whip Tavern which is out in the middle of the boonies or south of Coatsville. We will be caravanning out to the tavern and if you would like to join us, please meet us at the Penn State Great Valley Parking lot in Malvern at 8:00am. Wheels up at 8:25am. Register here
Join us and our host Bob Bracalente in Downingtown upstairs at the East Branch Brewing Company for happy Hour. 5:30 - no RSVP - Dutch Treat
The great American Cheese Rally 3.0 - Bring your Porsche (or if you have to, another ride) and join your rally master Spencer, and a few of your members for a Saturday rally and lunch (that is if you can make your way from beginning to end) as we trek through the countryside in search of clues and cheese. This is not a particularly challenging rally as long as you can read street signs you'll do fine. Fun for both the beginners as well as seasoned veterans. The cost will be $40 per car (so we can give the winners and runner-ups a few great prizes). We will end at a nice spot for lunch. register at Register here
Turkey Hill Ice Cream Experience- Join us on Saturday July 31st for an ice cream tour in Lancaster. We will get a tour of how their excellent ice cream is made, then sit for a Pennsylvania Dutch Lunch, followed by the tasting lab where you can make your own flavor of ice cream. Cost is $40pp. Register here.

Last edited by Josh(PA); 06-07-2021 at 08:57 PM.
rugu6869 (06-08-2021)
Old 06-07-2021 | 10:07 PM
captainslow21
Advanced

Me, the missus and probably pup should be at the Whip breakfast event on the 27th.
Old 06-11-2021 | 08:03 AM
Kevin8tor
Racer

I signed up for the Whip breakfast, as well. It will be my first PCA/RTR Event.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin8tor:
captainslow21 (06-11-2021), ldamelio (06-15-2021)

Quick Reply: Philly Members?