Notices

Philly Members?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 08:33 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobasteve
I'm in Doylestown. Have heard that Geigel Hill Road is a lot of fun but have not tried it yet though.
Durham Road and 232 here (Pineville and Buckmanville intersection to be exact) - a lot of us in a small area here. Geigel Hill is a bitch on the bike, repeats are good for interval training. Haven't been there with the car yet. Commuting in it on the nice days (to Hopewell and Trenton) and a couple of weekend drives so far this spring. Had some plans for track days. Hopefully in the fall.
The following users liked this post:
M Pete (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 09:49 AM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
I just learned that Bill Dougherty, founder and long-time owner of Dougherty Automotive in West Chester, passed away on April 9, 2020, having succumb to COVID-19. Bill’s shop did work on several of my Porsche’s, where they always did top notch work and Bill went out of his way to add his own expertise and oversight. Bill himself was a true Porsche enthusiast and veritable car guy, and just a warm soul and real family man. I had the pleasure, and I’ll now say the privilege, of spending the better part of a day with him just this past January to visit with the folks at RS Werks to discuss a restomod build. At 74, Bill was still young at heart and in good health, until very recently. He spoke lovingly of his family, including quality time racing with his kids when they were growing up. He was also a veteran of the Vietnam War. He will surely be missed. Bill - thanks for all your help and companionship! Rest In Peace!

https://www.donohuefuneralhome.com/o...liam-Dougherty
That is a damn shame. Bill was an incredible guy. Picking up your Turbo S from him is the last time I saw him in person and we spent 20 minutes just talking cars like usual. Few people left with the experience and background that he had. He will for sure be missed, rest in peace.
Fabspeed Motorsport (05-01-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 09:53 AM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by k.alexander
Hey @Josh(PA) any chance you can share a google maps link to that map..? A bit hard to see and follow in the pic you posted.
I’m game for a drive, any time!
Sorry I deleted it, but the route is pretty simple. Take rt 282 North AKA Creek Road out of Downingtown (I just made the start location 282 and Dowlin Forge because that's nearest me) for about 9 miles. Hang a right on Fairview and run that all the way out to rt 100 for about 7 miles. Take a left on RT 100N for less than 1 mile and a quick right on Flowing Springs road. Flowing springs for 3 1/2 miles until it dead ends on St Matthews. Left on St Matthews for about 2 miles until it dead ends on Pughtown. Take a right on Pughtown. It will take you through the little village of Kimberton and it will hit RT 113. From there, you can take a left and go up to Phoenixville for some eats/drinks on Bridge Street or take a right and head back to your starting point.

Edit: after posting, I saw the news about Bill Dougherty. That really is sad. I used his shop back in the day when I had an old Audi Cabrio. He was a really nice guy.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:21 PM
M Pete
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I just learned that Bill Dougherty, founder and long-time owner of Dougherty Automotive in West Chester, passed away on April 9, 2020, having succumb to COVID-19.
That's a shame. I never knew him but I will say after reading his obit that he lived a live worth living. Until Fiddler's Green Bill.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:41 PM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

I just learned that Bill Dougherty, founder and long-time owner of Dougherty Automotive in West Chester, passed away on April 9, 2020, having succumb to COVID-19. Bill’s shop did work on several of my Porsche’s, where they always did top notch work and Bill went out of his way to add his own expertise and oversight. Bill himself was a true Porsche enthusiast and veritable car guy, and just a warm soul and real family man. I had the pleasure, and I’ll now say the privilege, of spending the better part of a day with him just this past January to visit with the folks at RS Werks to discuss a restomod build. At 74, Bill was still young at heart and in good health, until very recently. He spoke lovingly of his family, including quality time racing with his kids when they were growing up. He was also a veteran of the Vietnam War. He will surely be missed. Bill - thanks for all your help and companionship! Rest In Peace!

That is terrible. Such a nice guy. I had a 1970 Targa that he took great care of for me for a number of years. This is a real loss. My condolences to his friends and family.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:46 PM
geovangelist
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJsBeer
I'm out in Chester County.
There's a C&C every Saturday from 8-11 behind the Starbucks at Dilworthtown Plaza just outside West Chester.
Greetings from Philly! I either know of you via your comments on BaT, or maybe you had an M491 for sale at some point? I've done a number of weekend drives out near and in/around Valley Forge. Some of the nicest twisty roads I've ever been on. Chester Co FTW!

Say, is there still an active C&C in West Chester? I'm new to Rennlist and I saw your post was from back in 2016. Hope to cross paths sometime soon... once the COVID conditions subside.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Faster48
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought the WC CnC was shut down? I know the Malvern CnC is usually pretty good. Its at the Wegmans off 29/202
Old 05-01-2020, 04:13 PM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Faster48
I thought the WC CnC was shut down? I know the Malvern CnC is usually pretty good. Its at the Wegmans off 29/202
Yes, the WC CnC was killed about a year or so ago. Malvern CnC was a good alternative but effective April 4th, due to COVID, it has also been shut down.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Hey guys/gals,

Not sure about you guys, but we can't wait to get out and enjoy cars & coffee's, DE's, and dam near any reason to talk cars! Fabspeed Motorsport is committed to helping our first responders at any capacity we can. We have been pitching the idea of hosting a rally where we can all meet at Fabspeed HQ and spend a few hours touring our back roads. Our goal is to uphold any and all safety precautions deemed necessary and simply enjoy our cars, our patrons, our cars, and all in support for our first responders. We are shooting for May 16th, more details to come, but we wanted to get a sense of interest from the local Porsche community. Feel free to shoot me a direct email at Scott@fabspeed.com to submit, contact info along with year make and model of the car you would like to participate in! Thank you again to our community as well as the first responders!

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 05-01-2020 at 05:31 PM.
M Pete (05-04-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 05:38 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Possibly interested. Can you expand on the aspect of helping first responders? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:54 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Possibly interested. Can you expand on the aspect of helping first responders? Thanks.
me too, please give us some details.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Faster48
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh(PA)
me too, please give us some details.
same
Old 05-05-2020, 11:34 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,
I just wanted to leave this here. Now that we have the 991, we are moving on from our Z3. My parents bought it as a present to themselvs back in 1998 after I graduated college and got out of the house. If you know anyone thats lookinf for a well sorted fun little car, please point them in this direction.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-bmw-z3-23/
Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-05-2020, 11:40 PM
GetBoosted
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also interested to hear more @Fabspeed.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:37 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

I sent Scott@fabspeed an e-mail letting him know about the requests for more info on this thread.

Quick Reply: Philly Members?