Notices

Track days in New England/NY

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:06 PM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track days in New England/NY

For those that haven't gone yet, Apex Driving Events hosts the BEST track days in the northeast. I've been to four of them, and learn more about driving every time. Check the schedule: http://www.apexdrivingevents.com/

They are hosting a two-day at Watkins Glen. This video from their season opener will get the adrenaline flowing: https://vimeo.com/166055031

Relaxed atmosphere, top notch instructors, catering, and more. Hands down, best HPDE out there.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:06 PM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffGT3
For those that haven't gone yet, Apex Driving Events hosts the BEST track days in the northeast. I've been to four of them, and learn more about driving every time. Check the schedule: http://www.apexdrivingevents.com/

They are hosting a two-day at Watkins Glen. This video from their season opener will get the adrenaline flowing: https://vimeo.com/166055031

Relaxed atmosphere, top notch instructors, catering, and more. Hands down, best HPDE out there.
I'm sure it's a whole lot of fun but I don't know if it's the best value HPDE out there. That two day event at watkins is $1,600 (bring your own car) and $5,000!! if you use their car. I drive all day at NJ Motorsports Park for $175 (bring your own car) or $350 for two full days.

I'm not knocking APEX, I'm sure those events are a lot of fun and they do include more than NJMP. I just want people to know they can get on a track for less.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:36 PM
jeffGT3
Rennlist Member

Fair enough, plenty of other ways to get on track, this is just the best in my humble opinion. I can go round and round at Thompson Speedway for $150 for the day, but don't get 1-on-1 coaching, video review, track data analysis, full catering for the entire day, and a lot more. You get what you pay for, and I've paid for three other HPDE experiences with other companies. No one comes close to the level of attention and detail as Apex.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Apex Driving Events
Former Vendor

Default About Apex

Originally Posted by ejdoherty911
I'm sure it's a whole lot of fun but I don't know if it's the best value HPDE out there. That two day event at watkins is $1,600 (bring your own car) and $5,000!! if you use their car. I drive all day at NJ Motorsports Park for $175 (bring your own car) or $350 for two full days.

I'm not knocking APEX, I'm sure those events are a lot of fun and they do include more than NJMP. I just want people to know they can get on a track for less.
Hi EJdoherty911,
Thanks for the input. While there are certainly options to get out on track for less money, Apex is set up to be more of a driving school than a Track Day. The Watkins Glen pricing you referenced is for 2 days (10 hours of total track time) in a 2016 Porsche GT4 rental car. It is by far the most expensive offering we have. However, if you break down our pricing and look at everything we offer at an event, it really is a good value. At Palmer, Thompson and Lime Rock we offer 2.5 hours of driving time with a maximum of 15 cars in a run group, professional coaching,video review, and fully catered accommodations all day. While we realize that that might not have value for everyone, we have had a terrific response from our clients thus far. They love the fact that they can receive coaching, get back out on track and implement what they've learned without being in obstructive traffic. They have also consistently noticed significant improvements in their driving abilities. If you're interested, we'd love to have you check out one of our events. Pricing for a standard event is $695. Our signature event of the season is the Watkins Glen 2 day event which $1,595.
Thanks!!

Dan Bloom - Apex Founder

Quick Reply: Track days in New England/NY