Impromptou Foliage run

Old 10-10-2003, 05:19 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Default Impromptou Foliage run

Well the one a couple of weeks ago was loads of fun. But I jeust went out to drop of my Cobra check, and it's absolutely lovely out. Weather and foliage wise. I realize it's short notice. But I'm going driving this weekend regardless.

two possible routes. North to the white Mountains again. Or west out through Mason/New Ipswich, and maybe on to Kenne.

Meeting place is in Nashua at the Crowne Plaza parking lot. Take exit 8 of Rte 3. Left at second light, left at the end of the road, first left then a right.

We'll decide on the route then.

Be there or be square.

Edit: Eeeek I didn't put a time in. Lets say 12.30. Edit: Saturday 10/11/03

Last edited by SidViscous; 10-10-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:04 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

A little teaser

Taken an hour ago

Old 10-13-2003, 08:34 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Well no one showed. Tom from the 928 board called, said he couldn't make it, but, said he'd like to make a run next weekend. So same place, same time.

I headed West through apple orchard territory, into Mason. Unfortunately I had some traffic, not much, but enough to slow me down in places. Once into Mason it was much easier. Ran through Greenville into New Ipswich. Headed south a bit, then North up onto Rte 31, which isn't as twisty, but barren of traffic so I was able to really open her up, enough turns to make it intersting.

The scenery was beautiful, with the afternoon sun showing through some trees at peak foliage. Mason is a beautiful town regardless, this time of year it's just stunning. Those that did the Pizza run last year will remember.

So for those looking for an end of season run show up at the Crowne in Nashua next weekend at 12:30. Directions in Post 1.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:52 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Bumpity bump bump bump
Old 10-17-2003, 07:55 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

For those that need help finding the place or whatever. Contact # is 603-860-4906
Old 10-19-2003, 12:52 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

We all had a great time. Approximation of the route is http://makeashorterlink.com/?R1BB21246

For those of you that were on the pIzza run from Derry to Fitchburgh last year, it's basically the same route, only extended. It's a rural area, without much in the way of traffic, and the town of Mason has one cop, and he's never around. We hit some pretty good speeds and had a load of fun. Even did a little exploring in an area I wasn't familiar with.

Tom and Todd can attest to the fun. When we pulled over after one high speed run Todd was laughing his head off.

Good time had by all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Impromptou Foliage run