Notices

MD owners...life without a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD owners...life without a lift?

I'm relocating to MD (Annapolis area) in a couple months and was wondering what the curbs/driveways/entries were like out there. I still have some time to finalize my .1 RS spec and currently don't have the lift optioned. I spent time in CA where every entry seemed to have been designed with the great flood in mind. Also lived in Vegas where life wasn't too bad for lower cars. Any feedback would be appreciated
Old 09-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Depends on the house. But it's not flat here like FL. Not all neighborhoods have curbs or even sidewalks, depends on the age of the development.

I have a lift and use it every time to get the car enter/exit my driveway from the street. Plus use it around town, speed bumps, parking garages, etc.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:39 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 664 Posts

Lived in that area twice (10 years first time, 1 year second time).

I'd get a lift if I were you. You may scrape at entrances to strip plazas, houses, restaurants. There are speed bumps - some are the long, less steep kind but some are the shorter, steeper version. Big scrape risk over the speed bumps.

Downtown Annapolis has brick/historic streets. Pretty - but very bumpy in spots. It depends where/how you'll drive the car.

Why not spec the lift system? At least it gives you options.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the excellent feedback. I completely agree that I'll now have flexibility with my travels and can now just ha the usual worries of crazy drivers and strategic parking areas! I just told my dealer to add it to the ol' options list so I guess I won't have to sign the "we told you to get a lift" clause when I pick it up
Old 09-22-2015, 09:43 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tre
I'm relocating to MD (Annapolis area) in a couple months and was wondering what the curbs/driveways/entries were like out there. I still have some time to finalize my .1 RS spec and currently don't have the lift optioned. I spent time in CA where every entry seemed to have been designed with the great flood in mind. Also lived in Vegas where life wasn't too bad for lower cars. Any feedback would be appreciated
I enjoy a low car in Annapolis area without nose lift. I had no choice but even if I did I think I would prefer to not have the expense, weight, and complexity of the lift and just make due.

I consider the lower lip on my car to be a consumable. It is easily replaced in 10 min so I just get a new one every year or so.

Quick Reply: MD owners...life without a lift?