Notices

NYC to Hudson valley day drive for my new GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:53 PM
RussellNYC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default NYC to Hudson valley day drive for my new GT4?

Hey, my wife and I want to take a day road trip to enjoy our new GT4 for the first time and to do some breaking in. Up the Hudson river valley from NYC to Hudson or Rhinebeck would be nice. Any quiet scenic driving roads or stops anyone can recommend?

The area near Bard is beautiful, I know. Also the Olana estate.

I know there must be some HVR PCA folks here who know how it's done.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:32 PM
RussellNYC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Okay, so the answer was drive up from 9A past the cloisters through Spuyten Duyville (sp?) and Riverdale, up through Tarrytown to Croton on Hudson. Stop at Croton Point Park and enjoy the view. Then, up 9A to Cortland, then over to West Point, which was spectacular, insane views. Over Storm King Highway, which is gorgeous and insane, looks like the Stelvio Pass in Italy, and is deserted. Then on Bear Mountain Highway to the bridge, over to Blu Pointe on Front St. on the Newburgh waterfront for dinner at the raw bar. Then back over 87, 287, and Rt. 17, over the GWB and back to Manhattan. Wonderful drive.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:47 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Drive it up to Lime Rock tomorrow for the car show. Fantastic event and there will be some unbelievable cars. I'm leaving the city early around 730 in my RS if you want to meet up...I can show you some nice roads.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 PM
dunkd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect NYC getaway car!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Santi
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RussellNYC
Okay, so the answer was drive up from 9A past the cloisters through Spuyten Duyville (sp?) and Riverdale, up through Tarrytown to Croton on Hudson. Stop at Croton Point Park and enjoy the view. Then, up 9A to Cortland, then over to West Point, which was spectacular, insane views. Over Storm King Highway, which is gorgeous and insane, looks like the Stelvio Pass in Italy, and is deserted. Then on Bear Mountain Highway to the bridge, over to Blu Pointe on Front St. on the Newburgh waterfront for dinner at the raw bar. Then back over 87, 287, and Rt. 17, over the GWB and back to Manhattan. Wonderful drive.
Great daytrip. I just ran similar one a couple of days ago, Peekskill and Cold Springs are interesting stops as well

Quick Reply: NYC to Hudson valley day drive for my new GT4?