Notices

Any suggestions for a fun drive near Philly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:54 PM
SamDaMan
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any suggestions for a fun drive near Philly?

I live in DC and my brother in NYC. It would be fun to meet halfway and spend a few hours driving our Porsches through backroads...any suggestions for spirited driving outside Philadelphia, which feels like the halfway mark between our homes?
Old 05-09-2015, 08:35 PM
dreamof911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a ton of fun places to drive between DC and Philly. Carlisle, Haggerstown, Lancaster, and Harrisburg. Not mention Lehigh Vally, 83 looks like a good road. Where you are I loved taking 81 into Scranton. Get with the PCA Zone 2 they can tell you some places to drive. The funny thing about most cities once your outside the city, your basically in the country. DC is one of the best cities in the country, for driving in my opinion. It's like they stuck a city in the middle of the woods, sometimes you can't believe your in a major city. Have fun!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Up and down the Delmarva peninsula is pretty nice drive. Also the road out of new hope PA up the delaware river.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:55 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Download porsche gts routes. They have a couple good driving routes.

In my experience, in and around valley forge and follow a few roads west and its enjoyable. Havent done any drives there since 09 though so I'm rusty on road names
Old 05-27-2015, 12:54 PM
STRIKEMASTER
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

The area where I live, South Jersey, has a lot of good roads in the"Pine Barrens" area. Between Philadelphia, Vineland, Atlantic City, Lakehurst-NAS, Princeton, and Freehold there's lots of 2 lane blacktop thru the woods, not real twisty, but very little traffic or cops. Salem ,Atlantic, Camden, Burlington and Ocean counties are mostly rural, and Monmouth County is 'horse country', like Kentucky Derby. Where I live New Jersey is still "The Garden State". Out on the coast, in Ocean County, is Seaside Heights and just south of that is Island Beach State Park, 11 miles of coastal dunes and secluded beaches.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:54 AM
SamDaMan
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to close the loop: we finally ended up driving up and down Rt 100 and Rt 52 out of Wilmington and into Brandywine. Terrific day, esp the times we got 4-5 miles of empty roads on 100. Total blast.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Quick Reply: Any suggestions for a fun drive near Philly?