Notices

993 from Rennwerke Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 PM
tmcsc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 from Rennwerke Porsche

I'm looking into buying my first Porsche now, and I've got my eye on a 993 that Rennwerke Porsche (in Elmsford, NY) is selling. It's been in an accident but has a clean title, and the guys selling it have been very up front about everything. They did all the repair work themselves, and I've seen and driven the car--everything seems to be in order.

That said, would I be foolish not to get a PPI from another source? From my understanding, Rennwerke is a very trustworthy independent Porsche shop, and it's not that I don't trust them, but as a first time buyer, should I get a second opinion?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:41 PM
airc00l
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you buy the 993? If it was the metallic black one, I test drove it about a year ago and loved it. Then the mechanic drove while I was the passenger. He was clearly a great driver and he was flying. I was trying to negotiate price and said "don't the 993s usually need new shocks around 70k miles?" He calmly replied, "Well we just did 90mph around that last turn, so I think the shocks are fine." Point taken!

To answer your question, I trust Rennwerke.

Quick Reply: 993 from Rennwerke Porsche